Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Greyhound, 241 Palkway Drive, ☏ . National bus service.
Cane Creek Park. A nice lake with fishing, ducks, geese and multiple playgrounds for children.
- Cookeville Depot Museum, 116 W Broad St, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM. Was an old passenger train depot from 1909, until it was phased out in the 1950s.
- AMC Highland 12 Cinema, 1181 South Jefferson Ave, ☏ . Swing by and catch one of the latest feature films.
- 1 Cummins Falls State Park, 390 Cummins Falls Ln, ☏ . Daily 8AM-4:30PM. Just a real delight, watching the water roll off the travertine and looking at old weathered buildings in the foliage.
- 2 Burgess Falls State Park, 4000 Burgess Falls Dr, Sparta, ☏ . Daily 8AM-4PM. And another, cascades here and there and just a real gusher at times.
- 3 Window Cliffs State Natural Area, 8400 Old Cane Creek Rd, Baxter (in the vicinity of Burgess Falls, just a ways to the west of it but you have to circumnavigate using multiple roads to get to the trailhead). Daily 8AM-4PM. Eroded rock formations form an enchanting presence of palisades and pinnacles.
- Cumberland Gold Jewelry, 430 South Lowe, ☏ . Custom made jewelry and jewelry repair.
- Tennessee Technical University Bookstore, 1000 N Dixie Ave, ☏ . You can get all your Tennessee Tech Eagle regalia here.
- Spankies, 203 East 9th St, ☏ . Cajun and Italian cuisine.
- Vinnie T's Restaurant and Bar, 221 East 8th St, ☏ . Nightly DJ performance. Karaoke on Wednesday and Saturday nights.
- 1 World Foods, 22 North Cedar Ave, ☏ . Wide selection of world cuisines like gyros and pizzas, and cannolis.
- 2 India Palace, 120 W 1st St, ☏ . Lunch and Dinner, closed Su. This is where you can go nom nom on an Indian lunch buffet. $$.
- 1 Father Tom's Pub, 32 N Cedar Ave, ☏ . 11AM-10PM Tu-Th, 11AM-11PM F-Sa. A variety of microbrews and cocktails and pub food.
- Revolver Dance Hall & Saloon, 565 South Jefferson Ave, ☏ . Th-Sa 7PM-2AM. Night club/karaoke sports bar. American pub food.
- 2 Crawdaddy's, 53 W Broad St. New Orlean's style cuisine and drinks.
- Baymont Inn & Suites, 2021 East Spring St, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Provincial feel. $66 (Dec 2021).
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, 1151 South Jefferson Ave, ☏ . $79 (Dec 2021).
- Best Western Thunderbird Motel, 900 South Jefferson Ave, ☏ . Outdoor pool. $78 (Dec 2021).
- Comfort Suites, 1035 Interstate Drive, ☏ . Indoor pool. $75 (Dec 2021).
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cookeville, 1131 South Jefferson Ave, ☏ . Outdoor pool. $74 (Dec 2021).
- Days Inn, 1296 S Walnut Ave, ☏ . $58.
- Hampton Inn, 1025 Interstate Dr, ☏ . $106 (Dec 2021).
- Quality Inn, 438 Neal St, Cookeville, TN 38501, ☏ . Indoor pool with waterslide. $70 (Dec 2021).
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 1045 Interstate Dr, ☏ . $74 (Dec 2021).
- Red Roof Inn Cookeville - Tennessee Tech, 1292 South Walnut Ave, ☏ . $60 (Dec 2021).
- Drive a few hours west to the capital of Tennessee, Nashville and visit the Grand Ol' Opry or Opry Mills Mall. You can also take in a Tennessee Titans NFL game or Nashville Cats Arena Football League game.
- Drive a few hours east to the home of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. Also nearby are the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the resort towns of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
- Drive a few hours south to Chattanooga, the Scenic City. This is where you'll find such attractions as the Tennessee Aquarium, Lookout Mountain and Rock City.
|Routes through Cookeville|
|Nashville ← Lebanon ←||W E||→ Crossville → Knoxville|