Jump to navigation Jump to search
There is no public transportation system in Cradock. You can take a minibus taxi, but it is not recommended. Cradock is small enough to go site seeing by foot and a lot of interesting places are in close proximity to the town.
- Egg Rock (About 8km outside the town on the way to Queenstown. You will need a bakkie or 4x4 to get to the site (Follow directions to the airfield and then directions to Eggrock from there).). A 10-m high egg shaped rock standing on its own.
- Visit Mountain Zebra National Park, 14 km north-west of town on the way to Middelburg
- Cradock Spa, ☏ . Open for day visitors from 6:45AM to 7:30PM. A modern natural spring spa. R7 for a day visit, contact the office for overnight chalet or camping rates.
- Metal objects. Next to the main road leading out of Cradock towards Port Elizabeth you will find many metal objects for sale. The wind pump replicas are especially well crafted.
- Albert House, 40 Dundas Str, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Albert House is a beautiful early Victorian Manor House, set in a large tranquil shaded garden. From R270pps.
- 1 Cradock House, 98 JA Calata Str (Across from the main sports grounds), ☏ . Check-in: flexible, check-out: 10:00. Establishment offers 5 rooms and 2 self-catering garden cottages. Facilities include swimming pool, secure parking, BBQ and light meals served. Guesthouse also has a liquor licence. R200 +.
- Die Tuishuise, 36 Market Str, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 25 old houses restored to the way they were when the English and Dutch settlers lived in them during the late 1800s. From R440pps.
- Heritage House, 45 Bree Str, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sleep and relax in one of the oldest houses in town. R345-R395pps.