Crieff is a small town in Perth and Kinross on the verge of the Scottish highlands. There's not much going on here, but there's one reason why you might want to plan a stop over here: The Famous Grouse Experience.
On foot. The distillery is just outside town.
- 1 Drummond Castle Gardens. Easter Weekend and then 1st May to 31st October – daily 1pm – 6pm. Ornate formal gardens, which were started in the 1630, next a castle (not open) dating from about 1490. £6.00.
- 2 Caithness Glass, Muthill Rd, PH7 4HQ. Shop daily 9am - 5pm, factory viewing gallery Mon - Fri 9am - 4.15pm. Look at the glass factory, or make your own paperweight. free viewing, charges for activities.
- The Famous Grouse Experience, ☏ . This distillery produces the blended scotch whisky of the same name, as well as the Glenturret single malt. £5 pp for a pretty basic tour of the distillery.
- Crieff Highland Gathering is held in mid-August. The next event is Sun 16 Aug 2020.
- Blackford Highland Games (a few miles south) are held in May; the next event is 30 May 2020.
- The distillery's shop. Somewhat of a tourist trap.
- The Shampan. A Bangladeshi restaurant, friendly service, excellent food, good value. Well worth a visit.
- The Gallery Restaurant. Traditional restaurant on Hill Street, just off the High Street. Tea-time special from 5PM–6.30PM.
- Crieff Hotel. Hotel on the High Street, serving from a varied menu in the lounge bar or restaurant. Real ale usually available.
- Level House Hotel, Comrie Road, ☏ . A very basic hotel with the average age of its guests over 40. But the people are friendly, the place is quiet. £55 for a double room.
- 1 Crieff Hydro Hotel, Crieff Hydro, ☏ . Also affectionately known as the "Pink Hotel". Fabulous family hotel with great outdoor pursuits for the active family.
- Commissioner Street Self Catering, 64 Commissioner Street, Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland, ☏ . A spacious selfcatering flat in the centre of Crieff, sleeps 6