So many places lay claim to being the ‘Heart of Scotland'. Well Aberfeldy in Perth and Kinross truly is.
- Stagecoach, operate frequent bus services from Perth and Blairgowrie.
- Aberfeldy used to have a railway station which was a branch line from Ballinluig on the Highland Line. The branch was closed in May 1965.
- 1 Wade's Bridge. Designed by architect William Adam and built in 1733, and still in use today. The bridge was built on the instructions of General (later Filed Marshal) George Wade, who was appointmented as Commander in Chief of His Majesty's forces, castles, forts and barracks in North Britain. General Wade was responsible for building a network of military roads across Scotland.
- 2 Dewar's World of Whisky, Aberfeldy Distillery, PH15 2EB, ☎ . A distillery and visitor centre from one of the big brands.
- 3 Castle Menzies (1.5 miles west of Aberfeldy.). Easter - Oct. A restored sixteenth century castle. £6.00.
- 4 Plastic Footbridge over the River Tay. A reinforced polymer bridge built in the 1990s to link two sections of the golf course.
- Birks O'Aberfeldy. A fantastic walk - the inspiration of Robert Burns' famous poem!
- 1 Aberfeldy Distillery. Whisky distillery which opened in 1898, producing malts both for sale as single malts and to be blended into Dewar's Whisky. Tours are available.
- Aberfeldy Cottages.
- Aberfeldy Caravan Park, Dunkeld Road, ☎ .
Dull, Boring and Bland. A "League of Extraordinary Communities".
Dull, Perthshire (population 85) has been a populated place for thousands of years, serving as a monastery site, the Appin of Dull, in the 7th century. A Dull school closed long ago; the local church has been out of use since the 1970s as population has gradually declined. The tiny hamlet on the B846 from Coshieville to Aberfeldly might have been all but forgotten (its mail is addressed to Aberfeldy), but a local Dullard proposed a twinning with Boring (pop 10,000), an American town between Portland (Oregon) and Mount Hood, in a June 2012 effort to promote both communities. Dull and Boring Day was proclaimed as August 9 in Oregon; former gold mining community Bland Shire, Australia joined in 2013 to form the current "League of Extraordinary Communities".
Dull, Perthshire is on the north shore of the River Tay, directly south of the Dull Wood forest. "Dull and Boring" T-shirts have been printed to support charitable causes; as with other places with unusual names the sign is worth taking a photograph or two.
- Highland Safaris, B846 highway, Dull/Aberfeldy, ☎ . Off-road wildlife tours, café and souvenir shop.
- Coshieville House, Coshieville, Perth and Kinross, ☎ . Bed and breakfast.