Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Crianlarich is the meeting point of the major A82 and A85 roads, hence the reason it is seen as a primary destination in Scotland.
- The village is served by Crianlarich Railway Station on the West Highland Railway and services are operated by Scotrail. The line diverges west to Oban and north to Fort William and Mallaig after the station.
- The Caledonian Highland Sleeper to Fort William leaves London Euston Su-F around 21:30 to reach Crianlarich shortly after 07:00. The southbound train leaves around 22:00 to reach Euston towards 08:00. Or you can take the Lowland Sleeper from Euston near midnight to arrive Glasgow Queen Street at 07:20, then a daytime train arriving around 11:30. Returning south you need to leave Crianlarich around 19:30 to reach Queen Street by 21:30 and wait two hours for the southbound sleeper, reaching Euston by 07:00; the later train doesn't connect.
- Scottish Citylink operate frequent daily bus services to and from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling, Perth, Oban and Fort William. The main bus stop is beside the Crianlarich hotel.
- Walk, cycle or use a car.
- 1 Ben More is a Munro at 1174 m / 3842 ft. Common approaches are from Benmore Farm off A85 and straight up the steep ridge; or follow the burn of Allt Coire Chaorach then head for the ridge of Sròn nam Fòirsairean once clear of the forest. It's often combined with the secondary peak of Stob Binnein.
- Crianlarich is about mid-way along the West Highland Way between Milngavie and Fort William.
- Killin Highland Games are held in Breadalbane Park in Killin in early August. The next event is Wed 5 Aug 2020.
See the Sleep section for details of the Crianlarich Hotel and Ben More Lodge Hotel.
- 1 Rod and Reel, Main Street, Crianlarich FK20 8QN, ☏ . M-Sa 11:00-23:00, Su 12:30-23:00. Decent bar food.
- Crianlarich Hotel: see Sleep. Bar open year round, walkers and outdoor folk welcome. Roaring log fires in winter.
- Ben More Lodge: see Sleep. Traditional pub with beer from Oban Ales, Belhaven and others, and good range of malt whiskies.
- 1 Best Western Crianlarich Hotel, Main St, Crianlarich FK20 8RW, ☏ . 3-star hotel with 36 en-suite bedrooms, quiet & comfy. B&B double £90.
- Ben More Lodge, Crianlarich FK20 8QS (main road east of centre), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Comfortable lodge hotel with restaurant, dog-friendly. B&B double £80.
- 2 Crianlarich Youth Hostel, Station Rd, Crianlarich FK20 8QN, ☏ . Hostel fully open April-Oct; Nov-Mar F Sat only. Good value accommodation with a warm welcome, close to transport. Dorm £17.50 ppn, room (sleeps 4) £77.
- Glenardran House, Crianlarich FK20 8QS, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Friendly, clean & comfy B&B, open all year. B&B double £80.
- 3 Inverardran Guest House, Crianlarich FK20 8QS (east edge of village on A85), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Family run bed and breakfast. Children and pets welcome, free wifi. Also has self-catering cottages. B&B double £70.
- The Scottish Tourist Board  can be contacted on 0845 225 5121.
- Stay in Crianlarich. A guide to where to stay, and visit around Crianlarich