Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > Scotland > North East Scotland > Perth and Kinross > Blair Atholl
Blair Atholl is a village in Perth and Kinross.
- 1 Blair Castle. ancestral home of the Clan Murray, dating back to the 13th century although most build in the 15th and 16th.
- 2 The Falls of Bruar (Situated behind the House of Bruar shopping centre.). The Falls of Bruar are a spectacular series of pools and waterfalls. The Falls of Bruar is a site of stunning natural beauty as the Bruar Water cuts a dramatic gorge through the rugged and rocky tree-lined landscape. Best viewed when in full torrent after heavy rain (not an uncommon occurrence in Scotland!). Come in autumn to see the spectacular colours of the leaves.
- 1 Drive through the Pass of Drumochter. and possibly see deer on the mountains to the sides.
- 1 House of Bruar, By Blair Atholl, PH18 5TW (Follow the A9 north past Blair Atholl), ☎ . Specialises in gourmet food.
- 1 Atholl Arms Hotel, +44 1796 481205. Traditional Highland hotel - full of tartan, roaring fires and stags' heads. Bed and Breakfast from £65 per room per night. Has a restaurant and cosy pub serving good food.
- 2 Ptarmigan House, The Terrace, ☎ .
- Pitlochry — location of Blair Athol Distillery
- Dalwhinnie — location of the Dalwhinnie Distillery (see Cairngorms National Park)
- Aberfeldy Whisky distillery
|Routes through Blair Atholl|
|Inverness ← Kingussie ←||N S||→ Pitlochry → Perth|