Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > Scotland > Scottish Highlands > The Great Glen and Strathspey > Kingussie
- Scotrail services link Kingussie with Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness several times a day.
- East Coast runs a daily service between Inverness and London via Kingussie. The service calls at principal stations including Edinburgh, Newcastle and York.
- The Caledonian Sleeper' also connects the town with London six nights a week.
- Kingussie is just off the A9, the main road north to Inverness.
The town can easily be explored on foot, but a car or bicycle could be useful for seeing the surrounding countryside.
- 1 Ruthven Barracks. a ruined eighteenth-century fort, stands just across the Spey, a short walk from the railway station. Maintained by Historic Scotland, but open all the time (free).
- Hillwalk. Kingussie is a good base for walking in the Cairngorms.
- The Cross at Kingussie, Tweed Mill Brae, Ardbroilach Road, PH21 1LB, ☎ . AA five star rated restaurant with rooms
- 1 Greystones B&B, Acres Road (At the Kingussie traffic lights turn up Ardbroilach Road. Take the 4th right turn into Acres Road, Greystones B&B is to the end on the right.), ☎ . Lovely house, very friendly owners who have dogs in the house. Would recommend to anyone passing by, it is such a beautiful area. from £30 (breakfast from £6).
|Routes through Kingussie|
|Inverness ← Aviemore ←||N S||→ Blair Atholl → Perth|