Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > Scotland > Scottish Highlands > Highland (Scotland) > Kingussie
- Scotrail services link Kingussie with Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness several times a day.
- East Coast runs a daily service between Inverness and London via Kingussie. The service calls at principal stations including Edinburgh, Newcastle and York.
- The Caledonian Sleeper' also connects the town with London six nights a week.
- Kingussie is just off the A9, the main road north to Inverness.
- Buses from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness, operated by Citylink.
- 1 Ruthven Barracks. a ruined eighteenth-century fort, stands just across the Spey, a short walk from the railway station. Maintained by Historic Scotland, but open all the time (free).
- The Cross at Kingussie, Tweed Mill Brae, Ardbroilach Road, PH21 1LB, ☎ . AA five star rated restaurant with rooms
- Greystones B&B, Acres Road (At the Kingussie traffic lights turn up Ardbroilach Road. Take the 4th right turn into Acres Road, Greystones B&B is to the end on the right.), ☎ . We stayed in Greystones B&B for 3 nights in May 2008. Lovely house, very friendly owners. They have 2 dogs - weimeraners I think. Would recommend to anyone passing by, it is such a beautiful area. £30.