- Scotrail services link Kingussie with Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness several times a day.
- LNER runs a daily service between Inverness and London via Kingussie. The service calls at principal stations including Edinburgh, Newcastle and York.
- The Caledonian Sleeper also connects the town with London six nights a week.
- Kingussie is just off the A9, the main road north to Inverness.
Most of the buses along the A9 bypass Kingussie, and there's usually only one Citylink bus per day from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Perth.
The town can easily be explored on foot, but a car or bicycle could be useful for seeing the surrounding countryside.
- 1 Ruthven Barracks. Always open. A ruined 18th century fort, stands just across the Spey about 1 mile from the railway station. Maintained by Historic Scotland. Free.
- 2 RZSS Highland Wildlife Park (5 miles NE of Kingussie), ☏ . Safari park and zoo.
- 3 Highland Folk Museum, Highland Folk Museum, Kingussie Road, Newtonmore, PH20 1AY, ☏ . Apr-Aug daily 10:30-17:30, Sep-Oct daily 11:00-16:30, Nov-Mar closed. Open air museum of ordinary highland life based in nearby Newtonmore. Free, donations welcome.
- Walk: Kingussie is a good base for walking in the Cairngorms.
- Newtonmore Highland Games are held there in early August on "The Eilean". The next event is probably Sat 1 Aug 2020 but tbc.
- 1 Co-op Food, 24 High St Kingussie PH21 1RH. Daily 06:00-22:00. Convenience supermarket.
- 1 The Cross at Kingussie, Tweed Mill Brae, Ardbroilach Road PH21 1LB, ☏ . AA five star rated restaurant with rooms.
- 2 Tipsy Laird, 68 High St PH21 1HZ, ☏ . Daily 11:00-23:00. Restaurant and bunkhouse (beds from £20). Mains from £10.
- 1 Greystones B&B, Acres Road (At the Kingussie traffic lights turn up Ardbroilach Road. Take the 4th right turn into Acres Road, Greystones B&B is to the end on the right.), ☏ . Lovely house, very friendly owners who have dogs in the house. from £30 (breakfast from £6).
- 2 Arden House, Newtonmore Rd, ☏ .
|Routes through Kingussie|
|Inverness ← Aviemore ←||NE S||→ Blair Atholl → Perth|