Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > Scotland > Scottish Highlands > The Great Glen and Strathspey > CarrbridgeJump to navigation Jump to search
There are trains to Inverness, Perth, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Note many trains do not stop at Carrbridge, check the timetables.
It is about 30 minutes by train from Inverness, cost £10 single, or £11 day return.
- 1 Old Packhorse Bridge (Carr Bridge). The oldest stone bridge in the Highlands, built in 1717. Having been damaged by a flood in 1829, only the arch remains, so it is more for looking at than crossing.
- 2 Loch Garten, Boat of Garten. freshwater loch near and RSPB nature reserve known for its ospreys.
- 1 Landmark Forest Adventure Park, Main Street, PH23 3AJ, toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Daily Mid-Jul - mid Aug 10:00 -19:00, rest of year 10:00 - 17:00. A variety of family fun, including a rollercoaster, raft ride, high-wire course, and a treetop trail. Adult £19.45 (season ticket £34.75).
- 1 Dalrachney Lodge Hotel, PH23 3AT. last orders 20:15. look at the menu before deciding it's too up-market! The prices may give a pleasant surprise.
- 2 Andersons Restaurant, Deshar Rd, Boat of Garten, ☏ .
|Routes through Carrbridge|
|Inverness ←||NW S||→ Aviemore → Perth|