|Northern Dalmatia |
lots of small islands and deep, connected inland, comprising the counties of Zadar and Sibenik-Knin
the county of central Dalmatia, with several bigger islands, mountain ranges close to the coast, and rivieras such as Makarska Riviera, with some sandy beaches in addition to long pebbly beaches
the county of southern Dalmatia, a narrow strip of land around Dubrovnik, with weak connection to inland (Herzegovina, in another country Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- 1 Dubrovnik – historic "Pearl of the Adriatic", one of the tourist highlights of the Mediterranean
- 2 Makarska – the main beach resort town on the Makarska Riviera
- 3 Omiš – old city
- 4 Šibenik – city with famous cathedral
- 5 Split – historic city with famous centre and Roman palace
- 6 Trogir – historic town and harbour
- 7 Zadar – ancient city with Medieval churches and Roman remains
Many inhabitants of Dalmatia are zealous Catholics and they don't mind to brag. So don't be surprised if out of the blue someone is waving a crucifix in your face talking about eternal fires etc.
Most travelers come in through highway A1 Zagreb-Split-Ravca (next to Ploce and heading Dubrovnik). The highway is modern, fast and safe.
Split and Dubrovnik have international airports and seaports.
Dogs called Dalmatians
- Dalmatia Trekking (Unique adventure and activity holiday agency specializing in walking, trekking, photographic holidays in Dalmatia - Croatia), Gundulićeva 22, Split Croatia, ☎ . Explore Croatian islands, mountains and coastline. Full service - Professional guides - Culinary Specialities
- Active Holidays d.o.o (Activity and adventure travel expert in Croatia, since 1989), Knezova Kacica Omis. First travel agency specialized in activity travel. Different travel options that will satisfy all age groups.
- Meridien Ten, Obala Ivana Zajca 7, 21000 Split, ☎ . Bike and active travel. Rent a bike or take on of our self guided bike tours and travel Dalmatian coast on bike. Great hybrid, road and tandem bikes available.