The name "Daniel Boone Country" is used only by the state government for tourism promotion. Locals consider this region to be the southern part of the Eastern Coalfield or Eastern Kentucky, with the state-designated Kentucky Appalachians as its northern part.
- 1 Big South Fork National Recreation Area
- 2 Cumberland Falls State Resort Park
- 3 Cumberland Gap National Historical Park
- 4 Daniel Boone National Forest
- 5 Levi Jackson Wilderness Road State Park
- 6 Pine Mountain State Resort Park
- 7 Red River Gorge and 8 Natural Bridge State Park — canyons, waterfalls, natural bridges, cliffs, and a lot of rock climbing within the Daniel Boone National Forest near Stanton, Kentucky just off the Burt T. Combs Mountain Parkway
- 1 Dr. Thomas Walker, 4929 Ky 459 Barbourville, KY 40906, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Dr. Thomas Walker led the first expedition through Cumberland Gap in 1750. Near the river which he named the Cumberland, Walker built a cabin, a replica of which stands on the site today.