Corbin (pop 7500) is a small community on US 25, the main north-south highway in the area before Interstate 75 opened in the 1950s.
By car, take Interstate 75 to US Route 25W.
Taxi services include Venture Cabs (+1 606-526-1211), Yellow Cab (+1 606 528-5055) and Tri-County Taxi (+1 606 523-8294).
- 1 Harland Sanders Café and Museum, 688 U.S. Route 25W, North Corbin, ☏ . 10am-10pm. Former 1930s roadside café, once famous for country ham, steaks and fried chicken, heartily recommended by Duncan Hines 'Adventures in Fine Dining' (1939). When Interstate 75 bypassed US 25 in 1956, killing local business, the Colonel took to the road to promote a franchise. The café is now a museum, the associated filling station and motel are gone. A modern KFC franchise is adjacent.
- 1 Laurel River Lake, Daniel Boone National Forest, 1700 Bypass Road, Winchester 40391, ☏ . Reservoir for boating, swimming, fishing and camping.
- Sanders Park, 201 S. Main St.. City park's herb garden includes chives, oregano, tarragon and thyme. There's also a statue of the Colonel. :
- Sheltowee Trace Outfitters (10 miles from Corbin), toll-free: . Canoe and white water rafting trips on the Cumberland River. A small campground is located on site.
- Trademart Shopping Center, 1000 Cumberland Gap Pkwy (US 25E), ☏ . 45-store mall anchored by JC Penney.
There's more to Corbin than fried chicken; various chains (Applebee's, Arby's, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Domino's, Hardee's, Little Caesar, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Subway, Taco Bell, Wendy's) and a good selection of independent restaurants are represented locally.
- Seasons Restaurant, 313 S. Main St., ☏ . Open for lunch Tue-Fri and dinner Thu-Sat. $20-25.
Corbin is a wet city that allows alcohol sales.
- 1 Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, 7351 Hwy. 90, Corbin 40701 (21 miles from Corbin), ☏ , toll-free: . Fifty-one room historic DuPont Lodge with stone fireplaces, restaurant and meeting facilities, cabin rentals, cottages and campsites.
- Holiday Inn Express, 1973 Cumberland Falls Hwy., ☏ .
- Econolodge, 1860 Cumberland Falls Rd., ☏ . A former Days Inn.
- Baymont Inn and Suites, 174 Adams Rd., ☏ .
- Hampton Inn, 125 Adams Rd., ☏ .
- Country Inn and Suites, 1888 Cumberland Falls Hwy., ☏ .
- Knights Inn, 37 Highway 770, ☏ .
- Corbin Inn (Best Western), 2630 Cumberland Falls Hwy., ☏ .
- Corbin/Laurel Lake KOA, 171 East City Dam Road, ☏ . A private camp in Corbin on the shore of Laurel River Lake. The campground has 93 campsites, ranging from primitive to full hook ups, with cabins available for rent. Many amenities and open year round.
- Big South Fork National Recreation Area
- Cumberland Falls State Resort Park
- Cumberland Gap National Historical Park
- Daniel Boone National Forest
|Routes through Corbin|
|Lexington ← London ←||N S||→ Williamsburg → Knoxville|
|Lexington ← London ←||N S||→ splits into and|
|merges onto ←||N S||→ Jct W → Williamsburg → Knoxville|
|merges onto ←||N S||→ Cumberland Gap → Newport|