Williamsburg is the county seat of Whitley County and is home to the University of the Cumberlands, a private university affiliated with the Southern Baptist Church.
The city is situated on I-75 just north of the Tennessee border.
- 1 Kentucky Splash Waterpark & Campground. An entertainment complex featuring an 18,000 square foot wave pool, drift river, water slides, arcade, go-karts, miniature golf, a batting cage, and a golf driving range.
- Patriot Steakhouse, 649 South Tenth St. (I-75 exit 11), toll-free: . Located at the Cumberland Inn.
Alcohol sales are allowed by the drink in restaurants that seat at least 100 people. The nearest towns that allow package sales are Corbin, about 15 minutes' drive to the north, and Jellico, about the same distance to the south and just over the Tennessee border.
- Cumberland Inn, 649 South Tenth St, toll-free: . Owned and operated by the University of the Cumberlands, the inn features a hotel, convention center, museum, and restaurant.
- Hampton Inn, 530 Highway 92 W., Williamsburg, Kentucky 40769, ☎ .
- Super 8, 30 West Highway 92 W., Williamsburg, Kentucky 40769, ☎ .
- Cumberland Falls State Resort Park
- Daniel Boone National Forest
- General Burnside Island State Park
- Lake Cumberland State Resort Park
- Levi Jackson Wilderness Road State Park
- Pine Mountain State Resort Park
|Routes through Williamsburg|
|Lexington ← Corbin ←||N S||→ Jellico → Knoxville|
|Lexington ← Corbin ← Jct W ←||N S||→ Jellico → Knoxville|