A 2,791-acre resort park located on the shores of Lake Cumberland.
The park was created on January 1, 1951 with lands donated to the state by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers.
Flora and fauna
Fees and permits
There are no alcohol sales within the park. The nearest city where alcohol can be purchased is Somerset, 40 miles to the east.
- Lure Lodge, toll-free: . A 63-room hotel attached to the visitor center, restaurant, and meeting rooms. The lodge has an indoor pool and offers high speed internet. Lure Lodge is open year round and rooms may be reserved through the park website up to one year in advance.
- Pumpkin Creek Lodge, toll-free: . The original park lodge has 13 rooms and is open year round. Rooms can be reserved through the park website up to one year in advance.
- Cottages and Woodland Cottages, toll-free: . The park has 20 cottages and 10 woodland cottages for rent. The cottages are one story, feature full kitchens and come in one-, two-, and three-bedroom configurations. The woodland cottages are two stories with two bedrooms, feature full kitchens, and a fireplace. Both styles of cottages have outdoor grilling areas. Reservations can be made through the park website up to one year in advance
- Lake Cumberland State Resort Park, toll-free: . The park campground has 119 total campsites, 91 have electric hookups and 28 are primitive. Seven of the primitive sites are tent only. Shower houses with flush toilets are available. The campground has a small grocery store that sells a basic selection of groceries, firewood, and ice. The park's outdoor pool is next to the campground. The campground is open April 1 through October 31. All of the sites may be reserved through the parks website up to one year in advance. There is a 2-night minimum stay on weekends and holidays.
- Kendall Campground (7 miles from Lake Cumberland State Resort Park), ☎ . A campground operated by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers located at Wolf Creek Dam. The campground has 115 campsites with electric and water hookups. Kendall Campground features shower houses with flush toilets, laundry facilities, a boat ramp, hiking trails, horseshoe pits, and a basketball court. The campground is open mid March through the end of October.