Glasgow  is a town in the Caves and Lakes tourism region of South Central Kentucky, and the county seat of Barren County. Founded in 1799 by a group of Revolutionary War veterans, it boasts historic homes and buildings, museums, a downtown walking/driving tour, and a Civil War fort.
Glasgow is accessible to Interstate 65 Northbound by exiting the Cumberland Pkwy (Exit 43 Glasgow-Somerset) and using Exit 11 (US 31E) or Exit 14 (KY 90). From Southbound Interstate 65 traffic can exit at KY 70-90 (Exit 53 Cave City-Glasgow).
- Valentine Getaway Barren River Lake State Resort Park 646-2151.
- Glasgow-Barren County Home & Garden Show
- Glasgow Recreation Dept. Annual Easter Egg Hunt Beaver Trail Park +1 270 651-3811.
- Easter Egg Hunt Barren River State Park +1 270 646-2151.
- Camper's Appreciation Weekend Barren River Lake State Resort Park +1 270 646-2151.
- Glasgow-Barren County Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament First Friday in May.
- Relay for Life Glasgow High School Second weekend in May, May 11-12, 2007.
- Barren River 5K Classic Barren River Lake State Resort Park
- Glasgow Highland Games. Barren River Lake State Resort Park Weekend following Memorial Day, May 31-June 3, 2007.
- Glasgow Highland Games, ☏ . Barren River Lake State Resort Park Weekend following Memorial Day.
- US 68-80 Yard Sale Glasgow, Edmonton, Russellville, Bowling Green Annually the first weekend in June, June 1-3, 2007. +1 270 651-3161.
- Fourth of July Concert on the Square with the Louisville Orchestra Downtown Glasgow +1 270 651-3161.
- Third Annual Lucas Community Antique Tractor Gathering
- Fireworks Extravaganza Barren River Lake State Resort Park July 4, 2007. +1 270 646-2151.
- Barren County Fair Temple Hill, KY July 25-29, 2007. +1 270 678-5088.
- Global Fest Downtown Glasgow 1st Saturday in September. +1 270 651-7905.
- Industry Appreciation Week Mid-September.
- Industry Appreciation Breakfast Glasgow Golf & Country Club +1 270 651-3161.
- 31-W Treasure Hunt Sale +1 270 670-3741.
- Industry Appreciation Luncheon and Golf Outing Barren River Lake State Resort Park +1 270 651-3161.
- Community Health & Safety Fair WKU-Glasgow Campus +1 270 651-4745.
- Glasgow B&PW Arts, Crafts & Gifts Fair Downtown Glasgow +1 270 651-3161.
- A Taste of Barren County Cave City Convention Center +1 270 651-3161
- Roller Coaster Fair Glasgow, Temple Hill, Tompkinsville, Edmonton First weekend in October. +1 270 678-5088 or +1 270 651-3161.
- Cruise In on the Square Downtown Glasgow Second Saturday in October. +1 270 651-3338 or +1-800-370-7819.
- Bluegrass In The Barrens Beaver Trail Park, Glasgow 651-3811.
- Glasgow Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis Barren County High School +1 270 651-3161 or +1 270 678-5955.
- Great American Heart Walk Southgate Plaza Shopping Center +1-800-242-8721.
- Light-Up Glasgow Downtown Glasgow +1 270 651-3161.
- Nighttime Christmas Parade First Saturday in December. +1 270 651-3161.
- Fox Hollow Golf Club, 280 Clubhouse Ln, ☏ .
- Arts & Antique Gallery, 207 West Main St.
- Awards Inc., East Public Square.
- Back Door Primitives, 115 East Front St, ☏ .
- D & M Quilting Shop, 20 Flint Knob Rd (Just past airport on KY 90), ☏ . Quilting supplies and fabric, collectable knives.
- Green Leaf Nursery, 2918 Scottsville Rd, ☏ . M-Sa 8:00-4:30; Su 1-4:30..
- Hidden Attic Antiques & More, 509 Columbia Ave, ☏ . M-Sa 9-5.
- Hunt's Antiques & Collectibles, 1 East Main St.
- J & J Collectibles, 119 Adairland Ct, ☏ . M and W from 10AM-4PM.
- Jewelry Barn & Pawn Shop, 211 North L. Rogers Well Blvd., +1 270 781-1194
- Mary Anne's Hallmark, Barren River Plaza, 651-6004. M-Sa 9:30AM-8PM; Su 1PM-5PM.
- PMC Jewelers, Reynolds Rd.
- Terri's Diamonds & Fine Jewelry, 111 West Public Square, 659-0284.
- The Baby Boutique, 110 Rogers Rd, ☏ . Baby and children's clothing-up to size 5.
- The Lollipop Tree, 103 Rogers Rd, ☏ . Baby and children's clothing-up to size 5.
- Tick-Tock Shop, 109 West Public Square, +1 270 629-2562.
- Unique Gifts, Inc., 1101 Cleveland Ave, ☏ . M-F 8:30AM-5:30PM; Sa 9AM-4PM.
- Wilson's Antiques & Collectibles, 221 North Race St.
- China King Buffet, 106 Shane Dr, ☏ .
- Evergreen Chinese Restaurant, 803 Happy Valley Rd, ☏ .
- New Century Buffet, 936 Happy Valley Rd, ☏ .
- Tray II 224 L. Rogers Wells Blvd. +1 270 651-1060.
- Food Lion #492 Highland Commons Shopping Center, US 31E Bypass +1 270 651-1718.
- Houchens #1 619 South L. Rogers Well Blvd. +1 270 651-7577.
- Rascal Deli & Food Mart, 1113 Cleveland Ave, ☏ .
- Sweetheart Bakery, 228 Shane Dr, ☏ .
- Wal-Mart Deli, 3456 Happy Valley Rd, ☏ .
- A Little Taste of Texas, 303 S. Broadway Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Driftwood Restaurant, 1149 State Park Rd. Lucas, KY 42156 (15 miles from Glasgow), ☏ . Located at Barren River Lake State Resort Park
- BBQ Hut, 594 Reynolds Rd Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- [dead link] Big Moose's BBQ Smokehouse, 525 W. Main St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ . Excellent BBQ, but only open for lunch Monday through Wednesday. Open for lunch and dinner Thursday through Saturday.
- Bully's Country House Restaurant, 5604 Scottsville Rd. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Cheyenne's Old Fort Restaurant, 131 E. Main St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Gale 'n' Dales, 405 Happy Valley Rd. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- The Music Room Cafe at George J's, 144 E. Public Square Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Grace Hall's, 128 S. Public Square Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Holy Smokes BBQ, 4363 Scottsville Rd. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Honey's BBQ, 6641 Scottsville Rd. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Mancino's, 302 Rogers Rd. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Pedigo's Country Buffet, 5947 Scottsville Rd. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Pedigo's Drive-In, 628 E. Main St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Scotty's BBQ & Diner, 313 Main St. Fountain Run, KY 42133 (22 miles from Glasgow), ☏ .
- Southern Restaurant & Deli, 1201 W. Main St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- The Bar-B-Q-Place, 1499 Burkesville Rd. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Theodosia's Tea Room, 313 S. Green St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- El Mazatlan, 754 W. Cherry St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
- Los Mariachis, 1005 W. Main St. Glasgow, KY 42141, ☏ .
Glasgow is dry, but allows sales of alcohol by the drink in larger restaurants (seating at least 100). Cave City, in northern Barren County, is wet, allowing full retail alcohol sales. The rest of Barren County is completely dry. Apart from Cave City, the nearest fully wet community is the city of Bowling Green.
Bed & Breakfasts
- Four Seasons Country Inn, 4107 Scottsville Rd, ☏ .
- Governor Leslie Bed & Breakfast, 513 E. Main St. 231-7671.
- Hall Place Bed and Breakfast, 313 S. Green St, ☏ .
- The Happy Valley Inn, 500 Happy Valley Rd, ☏ .
- Old Victorian Bed & Breakfast, 408 N. Race St, ☏ .
- Towne Inn, 604 Happy Valley Rd, ☏ .
- Barren River Lake State Resort Park, 1149 State Park Rd., Lucas, ☏ .
- Comfort Inn, 210 Calvery Dr, ☏ .
- Days Inn, 105 Days Inn Blvd, ☏ .
Pet Daycare & Boarding
- [dead link] Doggy Days & Cat Nap Acres, 4710 Tompkinsville Rd, ☏ .
Most telephone numbers in Glasgow consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but the city and its surrounding region are now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with +1 364 being the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Glasgow|
|END ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Somerset → END|
|Louisville ← Hodgenville ←||N S||→ Scottsville → Nashville|
|Paducah ← Bowling Green ←||W E||→ Campbellsville → Lexington|
|Columbus ← Bowling Green ←||W E||→ Somerset → London|
|END ← Cave City ←||W E||→ Burkesville → Monticello|