Campbellsville is a city in Taylor County, Kentucky.
Campbellsville is not located near an interstate highway or parkway. The main route through Taylor County is US 68, connecting Lexington and Bowling Green. The best route to take from the north is KY 210 from Hodgenville (and KY 61 from I-65).
- 1 Taylor County Airport (Kentucky) (FAA LID: AAS)), 360 Airport Rd (located two miles northeast of Campbellsville), ☏ +1 270 465-7455, +1 270 789-4182. General aviation.
For commercial service, Campbellsville is 75 miles from Louisville International Airport (SDF IATA).
- 1 Atkinson-Griffin Log House, 544 Lake Rd., ☏ +1 270-465-4463. 8AM-4PM. Served as a Confederate hospital after the Battle of Tebbs Bend, where Confederate General John Hunt Morgan began his 1863 raid into Indiana and Ohio. Today the restored structure has a battle diorama and Kentucky folk architecture exhibit. A driving tour of the battle sites begins at the visitor center. The Atkinson-Griffin House can be viewed at the US Army Corp of Engineers Visitors Center at Green River Lake. The house is closed on weekends from November-April Free.
- 2 Friendship School, 300 Ingram Ave., ☏ +1 270 789-9068. Located behind Taylor County High School, houses a museum that represents a by-gone era of education (July-Dec by appointment)
- 3 Green River Lake State Park, 179 Park Office Rd., ☏ +1 270 465-8255, email@example.com. A 1300 acre state park located on the shores of Green River Lake. The park offers opportunities for camping, hiking, boating, and fishing. Amenities include a miniature golf course, restaurant, picnic areas, and a full service marina including boat rentals.
- 4 Hiestand House Museum, 1075 Campbellsville Bypass, ☏ +1 270 789-4343. 10AM-3PM Tuesday-Thursday. Constructed in 1823, this is one of only 12 German stone houses in the state. It features exquisite hand-tooled masonry and period furnishings. The museum focuses on Kentucky life during the 1820s-1840s (free tourist information, $2 guided tour.)
- 5 Tebbs Bend Battlefield, 2218 Tebbs Bend Rd., ☏ +1 270 789-3025. A park preserving the site of a minor civil war battle. On July 4, 1863, a small Union detachment managed to prevent a force ten times their size commanded by Confederate General John Hunt Morgan from taking a bridge over the Green River. The park features a 3 mile trail that covers most of the battlefield.
Green River Lake
Green River Lake is a recreational paradise in south central Kentucky's cave country. This 8,200-acre, picture-perfect lake provides excellent opportunities for almost any water sport. After a day on the lake, relax at a lake shore campground or cabin.
- 1 Emerald Isle Resort & Marina, 1500 County Park Rd, ☏ +1 270 465-3412, toll-free: +1-888-815-2000. A full service marina located on the shore of Green River Lake. Condo and boat rentals, as well as an on site restaurant are also available.
- Green River Marina, KY 55 South, KY 1061, ☏ +1-800-465-2512.
The usual fast food national chains are all available.
- Druther's, 101 North Columbia Ave, ☏ +1 270 465-3870.
- Fiesta Mexico, 1307 E. Broadway, +1 270 789-4671.
- Garcia's Mexican Restaurant, 480 Campbellsville Bypass, +1 270 465-0566.
- Phillips Lanes, 164 Bambi St, ☏ +1 270 465-2960.
Taylor County is dry, although the city of Campbellsville is "moist", meaning that package sales are prohibited but sales by the drink are allowed in larger restaurants (seating at least 50 and deriving at least 70% of revenue from items other than alcohol). The nearest fully wet county is Marion to the northeast.
- Green River Lake State Park No reservations accepted. +1 270 465-8255.
- Pikes Ridge Campground (operated by the Corp of Engineers), ☏ +1 270 465-6488. Take KY 70 east 4 miles, turn right on KY 76, and continue 4.8 miles, turn right on Pikes Ridge Rd and follow directional signs into campground.
- Smith Ridge Campgrounds (operated by the Corp of Engineers), ☏ +1 270 789-2743. Take KY 70 east 1 mile, turn right on KY 372 and continue 3 miles, turn right on County Park Rd. and follow directional signs into the campground
- Best Western, ☏ +1 270 465-7001, toll-free: +1-800-770-0430. 1400 East Broadway. High speed internet, cable TV/w HBO, free local calls, continental breakfast, indoor whirlpool, outdoor pool.
- Holiday Inn Express, 102 Plantation Dr, ☏ +1 270 465-2727, toll-free: +1-888-465-2727.
- Super 8 Motel, 100 Albion Way, ☏ +1 270-215-1300, toll-free: +1-800-800-8000.
- Towne Motel, 505 S. Columbia Ave, ☏ +1 270 469-3543.
The zip code is 42719.
- Taylor County Tourist Commission, PO Box 4021, 107 W. Broadway, +1 270 465-3786 or +1-800-738-4719, .
Most telephone numbers in Campbellsville consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but a second area code (+1 364) was overlaid onto the entire 270 area in February 2014. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Campbellsville|
|Bowling Green ← Glasgow ←||W E||→ Harrodsburg → Lexington|