Hodgenville is a small town in the Kentucky Derby Region. Its claim to fame is being the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States. Lincoln was born on Sinking Spring Farm near Hodgenville.
Interstate 65 cuts across LaRue County's western border. KY 61, also known as Lincoln Pkwy, leads to Hodgenville from Elizabethtown and I-65 and serves as a gateway to Kentucky's Cumberland Plateau. US 31E brings traffic from Bardstown and Glasgow and US 31W parallels I-65 in the western part of the county.
- 1 Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site, 2995 Lincoln Farm Rd, ☏ , fax: . Daily 8AM-4:45PM; until 6:45PM Memorial Day to Labor Day. Free.
- 2 Lincoln Boyhood Home at Knob Creek, Approx 10 miles northeast of the Birthplace site (From the Birthplace Unit: Take US 31E (KY 61) northeast for approximately 10 miles; entrance on left), ☏ , fax: . Daily: daylight hours. Free.
- The Lincoln Museum, 66 Lincoln Square, ☏ , email@example.com. M-Sa 8:30AM-4:30PM, Su 12:30PM-4:30PM. The main floor of this museum features dioramas of pivotal points of Abraham Lincoln's life. The second floor has a collection of Lincoln memorabilia including news clippings and campaign posters.
- Lincoln Jamboree, 2579 Lincoln Farm Rd, ☏ . Every Saturday Night, 8PM EST. All seats reserved at $8.00 each. Free weekend camp sites (with electricity) are available for customers. The campground opens At 11AM on Fridays.
- Lincoln Days Celebration Celebrated the first weekend in October, this year's Festival will be October 6 & 7.
Lincolns Loft Bookstore on the square
- Hardee's, 101 Lincoln Dr, ☏ .
- Hometown Pizza, 105 Lincoln Dr, ☏ .
- Lincoln Jamboree, 2579 Lincoln Farm Rd, ☏ .
- Laha's Red Castle Hamburgers 21 Public Square +1 270 358-9201.
- Lee's Famous Recipe Fried Chicken, 803 S. Lincoln Blvd, ☏ .
- Paula's Hot Biscuit, 311 W. Water St, ☏ .
- Pizza Zone, 2507 Greensburg Rd, ☏ . Buffalo.
LaRue County is dry but Hodgenville voted to go wet in 2018.
- Nancy Lincoln Inn, 96 Nancy Lincoln Ln, ☏ .
- Lincoln Lodge, 2768 Lincoln Farm Rd, ☏ . This is unpretentious lodging.
Most telephone numbers in Hodgenville and LaRue County consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but a second area code (+1 364) was overlain onto the entire 270 area in February 2014. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Hodgenville|
|Louisville ← Bardstown ←||N S||→ Glasgow → Nashville|