The area code is 270. The zip code is 42164.
- Scottsville-Allen County Chamber of Commerce, 102 Public Square, +1 270 237-4782. Fax: +1 270 237-5498, 
Scottsville is located 20 miles southeast of Bowling Green on US 231.
- Allen County Historical Museum, 301 N. Fourth St, ☏ . Built in the early 1900s the museum houses many interesting items from the past including civil war memorabilia and an abundance of genealogical references. Visits are arranged by appointment only.
- Public Spring, Locust St., one block from KY 100 South. Scottsville became the county seat of Allen County because of the spring. It was not only the source of fresh water for the area but the hub of commerce. The spring also provides a seasonal supply of fresh water cress, an early spring salad green.
- The Tabernacle, KY 100 East. The Tabernacle was built in 1897 and seat of early revivals and gospel singing held in Allen County. The early days of the old Tabernacle with its sawdust floors and handheld fans formed the foundation for Allen County deep gospel roots. The Allen County Singing Convention is held at The Tabernacle in September.
Travel back to the turn of the century by visiting the Mennonite Community located between KY 100 and 585 and KY 1332 . Calling themselves the "plain people", they lead a simple life with no electricity or gas-powered machinery. See molasses made the old-fashioned way in the fall; shop for fine fresh produce in the summer; and purchase handmade leather items. Specific location maps are available at the Scottsville-Allen County Chamber of Commerce.
- Jacksonian Days
- Allen County Saddle Club Horse Show
- Kentucky State Gospel Singing Convention
- Fall Rural Heritage
- Scottsville Country Club, 51 John Kelly Dr, ☏ . Nine hole, par 35, 5235 yard semiprivate golf course. The course is open year-around 8AM to 4PM Central Time. Green fees are applicable.
- Barren River Lake State Resort Park Allen County offers top-notch outdoor recreation along its 50 miles of shoreline at Barren River Lake. Beautiful scenery and high rated camping awaits you. Trophy deer, wild turkey and excellent fishing await the sportsman. The Kentucky State Record Hybrid Bass (20 lbs. 8 ozs.) was taken right here in Barren River Lake.
- Harper's Catfish, 3085 Gallatin Rd, ☏ .
- Los Mariachis, 1415 Old Gallatin Rd, ☏ .
- Smoke Shack BBQ, 100 Holt Dr, ☏ .
Allen County is a dry county.
- 1 Barren River Lake State Resort Park, 1149 State Park Rd, Lucas, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Executive Inn, 57 Burnley Rd, ☏ .
- Harstons Hideaways, 13020 Scottsville Rd, ☏ . Lucas.
- Uptown Motel, 205 South Court, ☏ . St.
Most telephone numbers in Scottsville consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but the area is now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with +1 364 being the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Scottsville|
|Louisville ← Glasgow ←||N S||→ Hendersonville → Nashville|
|Owensboro ← Bowling Green ←||N S||→ Lebanon → Murfreesboro|