North America > United States of America > Great Plains > North Dakota > Coteaus and Plains > DawsonJump to navigation Jump to search
- By car: about 50 miles east of Bismarck. Exit 208 south off I-94 on state route 3.
- Veterans Memorial Wall, ☏ . Veterans memorial wall honoring 1,010 veterans from the Crimean War to the Gulf War. M60A3 tank on grounds. No admission charge.
- Slade National Wildlife Refuge (Two miles south of Dawson). A great destination for birders looking for waterfowl and nesting grassland birds.
- Lake Isabel (about 3 miles south of Dawson). Fishing pier. Pike and perch.
- Camp Grassick. Operated by the Elks of North Dakota, provides camp services for developmentally challenged children and adults.
- Dawson Cafe, 123 Thompson St SE, ☏ .
- Don's Bar, 117 Highway 3 S, ☏ .
Nearest public accommodations are in Steele.
|Routes through Dawson|
|Bismarck ← Steele ←||W E||→ Jamestown → Fargo|
|Rugby ← Steele ←||N S||→ Ashley → Ipswich|