- Northern Illinois University.
- Blackwell History-Education Museum, ☏ . At Northern Illinois University.
- Ellwood House Museum and Park, 509 N 1st St, ☏ .
- DeKalb County Forest Preserves.
- River Heights Golf Course, ☏ .
- Buena Vista Golf Course, ☏ .
- Hopkins Park Pool and Community Center, 1403 Sycamore Rd, ☏ .
- Annual DeKalb Corn Fest. Mid-August, on Route 38 (Lincoln Highway). (2008: 31st year, Friday, August 22 through Sunday, August 24). One of the few remaining free music festivals in Illinois with over 100,000 people from around the Midwest attending. Free admission and parking.
- This festival features a carnival complete with rides and games, food booths, live music, craft show, kiddie korner with large inflatables, and family entertainment. Friday night is carnival wristband nights for the kids with unlimited rides from 6-10pm. Festival areas feature booths, craft fest and a beer garden
Annual DeKalb Kite Fest--mid September, at Northern Illinois University 2009-September 13th from 11-4pm
This festival features many kites that are over 100ft. in length and boasts kites that are actually five stories high. Enjoy dancing kites, stunt kites, fighting kites, and other specialty kites that change on an annual basis. There are games, family entertainment, food, and wide open spaces. Festival features a candy-drop and kite making for kids.
- Thai Pavilion, 131 E Lincoln Hwy (on Lincoln Hwy at First St), ☏ . 11am-10pm. Delicious authentic Thai cuisine with abundant fresh vegetables: Spicy Basil, Mixed Vegetables, Spicy Eggplant, Massaman Curry, to name a few. Appetizers are exceptionally tasty: Chicken Satay, Crying Tiger, Fresh Lime Chicken, Shrimp in blankets, Thai Custard. $7-11.
- Happy Wok 1190 W Lincoln Hwy. +1 (815) 756-8828. M-F 11AM–9PM, Sa-Su 4PM-9PM. Delicious fresh Chinese food.
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Dekalb, 1212 W Lincoln Highway, ☏ .
|Routes through DeKalb|
|Davenport ← Rochelle ←||W E||→ Aurora → Chicago|
|Harvard ← Sycamore ←||N S||→ Jct → Jct → Ottawa|
|Dixon ← Rochelle ←||W E||→ Geneva → Hillside|