Devala or Pandallur or Mangorange is a small town in the Nilagiri District of Western Tamil Nadu, India. The town is full of tea estates and is very scenic. It is not developed as a tourist destination.
Autorickshaws are available everywhere. They charge ₹20/- for shorter distances. When they come back after dropping a customer, only ₹5/- is charged for sharing the rickshaw with other passengers.
The tea estates are very undulating and scenic.
- Tropical Gene Pool Garden, Nadugani. 2424 acres area. 47,000 plants. second best of its kind in the world. Museum of butterflies. Accommodation, food and trekking facility.
- Trekking @ Kuruman Colony Road (3 km). Start from the road opposite to Bijo Lodge, Pandalllur. The first village is called Palathingal where there is an electric transformer. Then you proceed to Koovan Moola, Masjidh junction. You can turn right to reach the Kuruman tribal colony and walk straight on the mud road to Athikkunnu.
Gold Hotel is the only place to eat in Devala. There are three good restaurants in Pandallur town.
There are no lodges in Devala town. The nearest town where accommodation is available is Pandallur.
- Bijo Lodge, Pandallur (10 km), ☏ .
- Gudalur — a small town near Ooty
- Mango Orange village — 20 km from here, near Pandallur