Europe > Britain and Ireland > Ireland > Southwest Ireland > County Kerry > Dingle Peninsula > DingleJump to navigation Jump to search
Dingle has a harbour and many colourful buildings within its picturesque town centre.
- St Mary's Church.
- Oceanworld Aquarium.
- Harbour tours to see Fungie the Dolphin.
- Bronze sculpture of Fungie.
- Gallarus Oratory is a baffling stone structure 5 km northwest of Dingle, in the shape of an upturned boat. Its age and original purpose are unknown: maybe late medieval or very early modern, maybe a church, a funerary chapel or a shelter for pilgrims. Open all year, although the visitor centre is only open in summer. 200 m north is Gallarus Castle, a 15th C tower house.
- Traditional Irish music. O'Flaherty's Bar hosts sessions most nights from 21:30.
- The Courthouse, The Mall. Traditional Irish music.
- An Cafe Liteartha. Visit for the bookshop, stay for the cáfe in the back.
- Dingle record shop, Green St. Often called the smallest record shop in Ireland. A must for musically minded visitors. Fantastic selection of local singers CD's.
- 1 Reel Dingle Fish (Strand St). Fantastic fish and chips. €9 meal.
- [dead link] Murphy's, Strand St (Near the pier), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Murphy's Pub offers excellent food at very reasonable prices. Has an extensive menu so suit all tastes.
- The Dingle Pub, Main St (Across from the Bank of Ireland), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Great value food with excellent service and Irish humour. Ballad music from 21:00
- The Doghouse, Strand St. The best hotdogs in Ireland. Try the chilli dog.
- Harrington's Family Restaurant, Strand St (Just across from the tourist center on Strand St). Warm and cozy, they make great seafood chowder.
- O'Flaherty's. A must visit music pub with unique folky atmosphere.
- Foxy John’s. Pub and hardware store in the same room. Operates a rent-a-bike scheme.
- Dick Mac's. Pub and, formerly at least, cobblers.
- John Benny's. Seafront pub and a good stop for food.
- An Droichead Beag (The Small Bridge). Another good pub for music sessions, slightly more touristy maybe.
- McCarthy's. Good local pub with a friendly landlord.
- The Dingle Pub. Very touristy but pleasant pub/B&B. Not a bad base from which to explore.
- Curran's, Main St. Pub and haberdashery.
- Courthouse, The Mall. Very small pub, worth a visit. Excellent music most evenings.
- The Blue Zone Jazz Wine Bar. Live jazz & blues, gourmet pizzas, great atmosphere. On Green Street opposite the church.
- Foxy Johns, Main Street, ☏ . Buy a bag of 2 inch nails whilst having a pint: a traditional hardware store on one side with a bar on the other. Step through the door and back in time.
- Allan's Bed & Breakfast (turn left as you approach the town centre as if turning into the Skellig). A modern, homely B&B with fantastic views of the town, the bay and the mountains plus a great Irish breakfast.
- Ashes. Open all year - Charming six bedroom townhouse with non smoking rooms, all en suite with television. Full traditional Irish Breakfast menu.
- Ballintaggart House. A 300 year old Manor at the entrance to Dingle Town overlooking the Bay, The Skellig Rocks, Valentia Island and the Ring of Kerry, all set within its own private grounds.
- 1 Bolands Guesthouse (family run accommodation), Goat St, dingle (just up of Main St), ☏ . bolands guesthouse accommodation in the town centre. Beautiful views of Dingle Bay. The Kerry accommodation is only 2 mins walk to pubs, restraints, shops etc.
- Castlewood House, The Wood, ☏ . Luxury guesthouse accommodation over-looking Dingle Bay.
- Cill Bhreac House, Milltown (on Slea Head Drive, 1 km from the town centre), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. B&B with views overlooking the bay.
- Dingle Benners Hotel.
- Dingle Marina Lodge. Guesthouse overlooking the harbour.
- Dingle Skellig Hotel.
- Heatons Guest House. Situated on the shore of the town.
- The Lighthouse Dingle. A great B&B just a short walk (uphill) from the town centre. The house has well-furnished rooms, a terrific breakfast (good for both a full Irish Breakfast or lighter fare), and is run by a very helpful local family.
- 2 Pax Guest House, John St, ☏ . High-quality guest accommodation with spectacular views of Dingle Bay.
- Slea Head and the west of the Dingle peninsula offers some marvellous views.