- 1 Blarney
- 2 Clonakilty — West Cork's most vibrant town.
- 3 Cork
- 4 Killarney
- 5 Mallow — North Cork's largest town, with Cork's only horse-racing course
- 6 Portmagee
- 7 Tralee
Cities and towns
Urban bus networks operate in the following cities:
- Cork - Bus Éireann operate a city network with over 20 routes. The busiest cross-city routes run every 10 to 15 minutes, while one cross-city route (220) operates a 24 hour service.
Regional, Commuter and Rural
An extensive network of regional bus services operate across the region. However, the frequency of routes can vary significantly, from high frequency routes between nearby towns, to rural services running only once a week. The majority of services are public funded and operated by Bus Èireann and Local Link, although in some areas commercial services also play a large role in providing transport.
The main regional bus networks are:
- Bus Éireann operate an extensive network of regional bus services across Ireland. Commuter services are provided along routes into the main cities and towns, while in rural areas there are routes connecting many villages and small towns into their nearest large town or city. Most routes are shown on the Bus Éireann network map. Routes are numbered by region, with the 100's in the east, 200's in the south, 300's in the midwest and southeast, and 400's in the west and northwest.
- Local Link is the brand name for all services funded under the rural transport programme. There are over 1,000 rural bus routes serving nearly all corners of the country. These range from regular scheduled routes running several times a day between nearby towns, to door to door routes running only one day per week. The regular scheduled routes operate like normal bus routes, with fixed routes and timetables, however the door to door routes can vary and may require advance booking, so it's best to inquire with your nearest Local Link office [dead link] the day beforehand.
The main intercity routes operating within the region are:
- Dublin - Cork: Bus Éireann Expressway route X8, Aircoach route 704X, GoBus route 707 [dead link]
- Galway - Limerick - Cork: Bus Éireann Expressway routes 51/X51, Citylink route 251
- Limerick - Tralee/Killarney: Bus Éireann Expressway routes 13 & 14, Dublin Coach route 300
- Tralee - Cork - Waterford - Rosslare: Bus Éireann Expressway route 40