Rosslare, also called Rosslare Strand, is a seaside resort in County Wexford in south-east Ireland, 9 miles (15 km) south of Wexford city. Rosslare has been a tourist resort for over 100 years. Billing itself the "Sunny South East", it prides itself on being the sunniest spot in Ireland, and records bear this out: Rosslare receives 300 hours more sunshine each year than the average place in Ireland. The long sandy strand attracts swimmers and families, while there are a number of good golf courses in the vicinity.
The port of Rosslare Harbour, 8 km south of Rosslare village, is the primary ferry terminal for the south of Ireland.
- Stena line. Operates a service to Fishguard (South Wales) twice daily and usually takes 3 hours 15 minutes. Departs from Rosslare 08:00 & 18:10 and from Fishguard 13:10 & 23:45.
- Irish Ferries. Operates a service to Pembroke (South Wales) that takes 4 hours. Departs from Rosslare 08:45 & 20:45 and from Pembroke 14:45 & 02:45. Also goes to Cherbourg (France) two or three times a week, and to Roscoff (France) May-Sep.
- Brittany Ferries. Operates a service from Rosslare to Roscoff (France) from end of April to end of Sept. Departs Rosslare 17:00 and arrives 11:00 the next day & departs Roscoff 18:30 and arrives 11:00 the next day.
Irish Rail has three daily trains to Dublin and two to Waterford and Limerick. The station in the resort village is called 1 Rosslare Strand, and the station at Rosslare Harbour is 2 Rosslare Europort. Trains to Dublin and Waterford start and terminate at the Europort station, while Rosslare Strand is the next station on the line.
Rental cars are available for hire. Dublin is accessed via the N25 to Wexford, then the N11. Waterford and Cork are reached via the N25.
- Rosslare Fort.
- 1 Rosslare Golf Club, Bearlough, Rosslare, ☎ . 10AM-8PM. The famous and spectacular links course, it has two 18 hole courses and is available to non-members.
- 2 St. Helens Bay Golf Club, Burrow, Rosslare Harbour, ☎ .
Off Rosslare Strand. Between Rosslare Harbour and Carnsore Point is Carne Beach.
The flat south Wexford countryside is perfect for cycling.
Off the local beaches. Deepsea fishing from nearby Kilmore Quay.
Much migratory bird activity around Rosslare Point on the flats of Wexford Bay. Also at the Saltee Islands (accessible from Kilmore Quay).
- The Lobster Pot, Carne Beach.
- La Marine, Kelly's Hotel.
- Tides Gastro Pub, cnr Strand & Station Rd.
- The Bay Bar & Lounge, Cliff Road (Around the corner from Garda Station), ☎ . Traditional Pub with Music every weekend.
- Kelly's Resort Hotel, Strand Rd.
- Kilmore Quay
- Carne Beach
- Hook Head
- John F. Kennedy Arboretum, New Ross
- National Heritage Park, Wexford town