Rosslare, also called Rosslare Strand, is a seaside resort in County Wexford in south-east Ireland, 90 miles south of Dublin. Rosslare has been a tourist resort for over 100 years. Billing itself the "Sunny South East", it prides itself on being the sunniest spot in Ireland, and records bear this out: Rosslare receives 300 hours more sunshine each year than the average place in Ireland. The long sandy strand attracts swimmers and families, while there are a number of good golf courses in the vicinity.
The port of Rosslare Harbour, 8 km south of Rosslare village, is the primary ferry terminal for the south of Ireland.
- Stena line. Operates a service to Fishguard (South Wales) daily and takes three and half hours. Departs from Rosslare 09:00 & 21:15 and from Fishguard 14:30 and 02:45.
- Irish Ferries. Operates a service to Pembroke (South Wales) and takes three hours and 45 minutes. Departs from Rosslare 08:45 & 21:00 and from Pembroke 14:30 & 02:45. Also goes to Cherbourg, France, from February to September three times a week. Departs Rosslare Sun, Wed, Fri 16:00 and arrives 11:30 the next day. Departs Cherbourg Tue, Thu, Sat 18:00 and arrives 11:30 the next day.
- Brittany Ferries. Operates a service from Rosslare to Roscoff, France, from end of April to end of Sept. Departs Rosslare 17:00 and arrives 11:00 the next day & Departs Roscoff 18:30 and arrives 11:00 the next day.
Irish rail. Three daily trains to Dublin and two to Waterford and Limerick. The station in the resort village is called Rosslare Strand, and the one at the harbour is (funnily enough) Rosslare Harbour. Trains to Dublin and Waterford start and terminate at the Harbour, while Rosslare Strand is the next station on the line.
Rental cars are available for hire. Dublin is accessed via the N25 to Wexford, then the N11. Waterford and Cork are reached via the N25.
- Rosslare Fort.
- Golf - the famous and spectacular links course of Rosslare Golf Club . It has two 18 hole courses, available for non-members. Also St. Helens Bay Golf Club.
- Swimming - off Rosslare Strand. Between Rosslare Harbour and Carnsore Point is Carne Beach.
- Cycle - the flat south Wexford countryside is perfect for cycling.
- Fishing - off the local beaches. Deepsea fishing from nearby Kilmore Quay
- Birdwatching - much migratory bird activity around Rosslare Point on the flats of Wexford Bay. Also at the Saltee Islands (accessible from Kilmore Quay).
- Brady's Restaurant, Rosslare Strand.
- The Lobster Pot, Carne Beach.
- La Marine, Kelly's Hotel.
- Brady's, Strand Rd (At the junction of Station Road and Strand Road), ☎ . Excellent pub grub, friendly service.
- The Bay Bar & Lounge, Cliff Road (Around the corner from Garda Station), ☎ . Traditional Pub with Music every weekend.
- Kelly's Resort Hotel, Strand Rd.