Fishguard is a port of entry into South Wales from Rosslare in south-east Ireland, and lies at the western end of a historic road to London, which eventually becomes London's Oxford Street, (The modern A40 by and large follows this route). The town has a population of around 3,000. For more information, visit www.gofishguard.co.uk
Historically attempts were made by the Great Western Railway to make Fishguard a more significant port to allow passengers from London a slightly quicker journey to North America, by traveling by train from Paddington to Fishguard and then join a liner, rather than taking the train from Waterloo to Southampton.
- Train services are timed to meet the Rosslare ferry. There are some direct trains between Cardiff and Fishguard, however passengers will generally need to change in Swansea.
- Stena Lines runs a ferry service from Fishguard to Rosslare, south-east Ireland, 92 miles (2 hour 10 minute drive) from Dublin.
- 1 Memorial stone, Carregwastad Point. commemorating last invasion of Britain in 1797 by the French
- 1 Kayak King Tours, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open 7 days a week. Providing excellent kayaking day’s out for everyone to enjoy! All ages and abilities welcome, all kayaking tours are tailored to your needs. Using stable sit on top sea kayaks we will venture out along the Pembrokeshire coast. Exploring the coastline as you kayak beneath towering sea cliffs and into sun dappled caves, looking out for seals and bird life along the way. From £35 per person.
- 2 Mayberry Kayaking, 9 Heol y Felin, Goodwick, SA64 0AR, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Open all year, 0900 to 2100 daily. Operating all year round Mayberry Kayaking offer sea kayaking tours and sea kayak lessons into the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. Established in 2006 they are the only provider of sea kayaking activities based in the twin towns of Fishguard and Goodwick. From £47 per person.
- Fishguard Folk Festival: 22–25 May 2020. (Spring Bank Holiday) is the only annual folk festival in west Wales. Though a small festival it draws an audience from a vast rural area and is a focal point for local folk musicians, usually with guests from Cornwall, Brittany, Ireland and Scotland (the Celtic nations). It offers a fine variety of traditional and modern music, dance and song, and is based on stage performances held at venues throughout the town, such as the local Arts Centre, participation sessions in pubs, street performances and teaching workshops. There is a great deal to see and do for everyone. Families are welcome, though there are adults only sessions in some of the pubs in the evenings. (date needs updating)
- Fishguard Garden Centre, Glasfryn, Cefn Road, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 9am - 6pm 7 days a week. A 'real' plant centre, where everyone from the experienced and discerning gardener to the enthusiastic beginner can be confident that their requirements will be given the best professional attention.
- 1 J T at 3 Main Street, 3 Main Street, ☏ . Mains £12-22.
- 2 Beaches Diner, The Parrog, Goodwick (justby the entrance to the ferry, next to Tesco), ☏ . 9am-4pm. sandwichs, light snacks, and delicious home cooked meals. Beaches Diner is a family diner. Children can enjoy healthy options with Pasta and Mashed, or Baked potatoes, from their own menu, and fresh carrots and other vegetables are often available.
Some pubs near the Ferry Port accept the Euro as well as sterling.
- 1 The Monthly Tutors Cottage, Fishguard, The Slade, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 18th Century Grade 11 listed, cottage, 100 yards from the beach. Visit Wales 4 *.
- 2 [dead link] Cefn-y-dre Country House B & B, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. From £60.00.
- 3 Garn Fach B&B, Llanwnda, Goodwick, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A quiet rural 4-star bed and breakfast in Llanwnda on Strumble Head, close to the Pembrokeshire Coast Path and ideal for walkers £70.
- Manor Town House, 11 Main St SA65 9HG, ☏ . Welcoming artistic B&B. No dogs. B&B double £110.
|Routes through Fishguard|
|Rosslare ←||W E||→ END|
|END ←||N S||→ Haverfordwest → Carmarthen/Milford Haven|