Mallow is a city in North Cork with a population of 11,605 in 2011. It is well known to travellers in Ireland as it is a cross roads between the Dublin - Cork and Cork - Tralee railway lines.
- N20 north-south road between Cork (35 km) and Limerick (70 km).
- N72 east-west between Dungarvan (51.5 km) and Killarney (41.5 km).
- N73 northeast to Mitchelstown.
- M8 motorway (21 km).
- Bus Eireann 53 bus service from Cork to Galway. 243 bus service from Cork to Newmarket service.
- Citylink Galway-Cork Airport service.
- Mallow railway station on the Dublin-Cork railway line and Cork Suburban Rail (Cork Kent, Cobh and Midleton).
- Nearest airports are Cork Airport (42.5 km) and Shannon Airport (59 km).