Dronninglund is a minor town in Vendsyssel with 3,500 inhabitants (2022). The town is named after Queen Charlotte Amalie who got Dronninglund Slot in 1690.
From Frederikshavn take the E45 motorway southwards and take exit 16, Hjallerup and turn left. At the following roundabout take the 2nd or 3rd exit, continue on one of these roads and you will get there.
From Hjørring, Hirtshals or Brønderlsev take the E39 motorway southwards and take exit 10, Høvejen and turn left, at the following roundabout take the 2nd exit, and turn left at the 2nd road to the left. Merge on to motorway E45 and take exit 16, Hjallerup and turn right. At the following roundabout take the 2nd or 3rd exit, continue on one of these roads and you will get there.
From Aalborg take the E45 motorway northwards and take exit 16, Hjallerup and turn right. At the following roundabout take the 2nd or 3rd exit, continue on one of these roads and you will get there.
- From Brønderslev: Bus #212 goes between the towns of Brønderslev and Dronninglund
- From the small towns around Dronninglund: Bus #689 goes between the small towns of Østerled, Rørholt and Try to Dronninglund
- From Aalborg: Bus #74N, 74E, 74 and 75 goes from the towns of Aalborg, Hjallerup, Asaa and sometimes Sæby to Dronninglund
- From Sæby: Bus #75, 215 and 216 goes from Sæby to Dronninglund.
- From Hou: Bus #276 goes between the towns of Hou and Dronninglund.
- [dead link] Hals Entrenchment (Halse Skanse), Skansen 1, Hals (20 km south of town, 45 minutes by bus 276 then walk 5 minutes south), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Open by appointment. Well preserved fieldwork dating back to the 17th century. Here you can also see old cannons. The entrenchment was built to protect Aalborg and Limfjorden. There is a festival here once every summer. Free.
- Storskoven. A very large forest containing the highest point in Vendsyssel, Knøsen.
- Dronninglund Slot. Originally Hundslund Minestry, then home for queen Charlotte Amalie. now hotel and conference center with a tiny museum, located in a tiny treehut.
- Try Museum. A museum located in the small town of Try, showing how people lived in and around Dronninglund in 19th century.
- Voergård Slot. An old fortress from the middle ages. Inside the castle is an impressive art collection with works by Goya, Raphael, Rubens and El Greco. Voergaard slot is also host to a huge medieval marked in the third week of July. In 2011 it will be the 16th-24th of July.
- Øster Mølle. A forest with an old mill and a big lake, located close to the centre of Dronninglund.
- Creas Gallery, Dorfgade 2, Dorf, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Su-F 13:00-16:00. Primarily paintings from Danish and also some Nordic artists. Entrance free, paintings from around 1,000 kr.
- Dronninglund Arts Centre (Dronninglund Kunstcenter), Thorup Hedevej 1, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. 22 Mar-20 Dec: Tu-F 13:00-17:00, Sa Su 11:00-16:00. Built in 1977, and for a period it was owned by the Tvind Group. Exhibits paintings and sculptures in remarkable architecture in beautiful surroundings. The centre also has a café and an art shop. 50 kr.
- Dronninglund Cup. 6-11 Jul. An international handball tournament.
There is a range of shops and supermarkets in town.
- Kiwi Minipris, Stationstorvet 2, ☏ . M-F 08:00-22:00, Sa Su 08:00-20:00.
- SuperBest, Stationsvej 2, ☏ . M-F 09:00-19:00, Sa 09:00-17:00.
- Super Brugsen, Slotsgade 25, ☏ . M-F 09:00-19:00, Sa 08:00-16:00, Su 10:00-16:00.
- Fakta, Stationsvej 14. M-F 09:00-20:00, Sa Su 09:00-18:00.
- Aldi, Strømgade 2. M-F 09:00-19:00, Sa 09:00-17:00, Su 10:00-17:00.
- Din Nærbutik, Nørregade 6, ☏ . Daily 08:00-22:00.
- Sason Pizza & Kebabhouse, Slotsgade 56, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Su-Th 11:00-21:00, F Sa 11:00-22:00. 20-130 kr.
- Botan Pizza- & Kebabhouse, Slotsgade 68a, ☏ . Su-Th 11:00-22:00, F Sa 11:00-23:00. 30-115 kr.
- Barbados Pizza, Nørregade 9, ☏ .
- Børsen. Bar.
- Dronninglund Slot, Slotsgade 8 (just outside Dronninglund), ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Originally named Hundslund Kloster. It is a church, hotel, restaurant and conference center. 600-971 kr.
- Dronninglund Hotel, Slotsgade 78, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. 610-810 kr.