East Atlanta Village is a portion of the Atlanta city limits which extends into DeKalb County. East Atlanta Village is an eclectic neighborhood and currently growing to rival neighboring Little Five Points and Virginia-Highland with its selection of cafes, bars, and shops.
MARTA Rail East-West Line stops in Edgewood/Candler Park Station (E4) and East Lake Station (E5). Interstate 20 is also close.
- Holy Taco, 1314 Glenwood Ave. Hipsters and local families fill this casual Mexican restaurant.
- The Earl, 488 Flat Shoals Ave SE. A bar/grill that locals flock to for the burgers and beer.
- Ann's Snack Bar, 1615 Memorial Dr (I-20 Eastbound to exit 61A, Maynard Terrace; one block west on Memorial Dr), ☎ . Mo-Sa 11AM-7PM. A dive located in an industrial part of East Atlanta where for 44 years the surly but likeable "Ms. Ann" served up her specialty, the "Ghetto Burger," which was rated the "Best Burger in America" by Raymond Sokolov in the Wall Street Journal. The building only seats 8 people, but a screened patio was added after the WSJ article caused a surge in popularity. It's common to have a 2-3 hour wait, but many people think it's worth it since the lines have been that long for years. Ms. Ann passed away in 2015, but the restaurant is still going thanks to a handful of staff who took over in the last few years and continue to enforce Ms. Ann's famous 8 rules, including "no cursing in the snack bar". Ghetto Burger with fries $9.50.
- Graveyard Tavern, 1245 Glenwood Ave SE, ☎ . A bar/grill with a lot of space to spread out. It also has dart boards. $.
- The Earl. Where post-punk locals gather for a good beer and burger and live indie music. Excellent Sunday menu deemed "Dunch".
- Mary's. A gay-friendly neighborhood bar in East Atlanta.
- East Side Lounge (ESL), 485 Flat Shoals Ave SE Atlanta GA 30316, ☎ . Smaller setting with a good crowd of locals and visitors. Relatively inexpensive drinks with a hip atmosphere.
- Midway Pub (ESL), 552 Flat Shoals Ave SE Atlanta GA 30316, ☎ . Excellent beer selection and quality bar-style food. Large, partially covered patio in front with two bocce courts behind the pub. Table games and arcade machines. Smoking is allowed, so Midway Pub is 18+.
- East Side Lounge, 485 flat shoals ave SE, ☎ . smaller bar but nice atmosphere. relatively cheap drinks and good music.