Take US Route 1 into Perry and turn onto the start of Route 190. Driving speeds along this route are frequently monitored, so it is best to strictly observe the speed limit while passing through Passamaquoddy tribal lands. Along Route 190, you will drive along a causeway to Moose Island and pass through the town of Quoddy before reaching Eastport. Washington street is a common turn-off point which leads to the north end of Water street's commercial section, or follow Route 190 to its end in southern Eastport.
Air travel to Eastport is difficult. While there is a municipal airport, major commercial airlines do not fly there and will only go as far as Bangor. Personal aircraft or chartered flights may be able to get closer.
The area is walkable and relatively flat. Most shops and restaurants located on a quarter-mile stretch of Water Street providing easy access.
- 1 Tides Institute and Museum of Art, 43 Water St, ☏ . W-Su 10AM-5PM.
- 2 Old Sow (Passamaquoddy Bay northeast of Eastport). Old Sow is the largest natural whirlpool in the Western Hemisphere. Ferries and excursions sometimes pass through or near the Old Sow (its location varies). Large boats can handle it, smaller ones should not.
- 3 Peavey Memorial Library, 26 Water Street (Across from Old Sow Grill and The Happy Crab), ☏ . Historic landmark and operational local library.
- 1 [dead link] Sylvina W. Beal Schooner Cruises, 104 Water St, ☏ . Head of the Breakwater. Whale watching, sunset cruises, charters on this old-time 84ft schooner.
- 2 Eastport Arts Center, 36 Washington St, ☏ . Community arts center featuring visual, performing, and musical arts.
- Salmon & Seafood Festival, ☏ . Annual event around Labor Day weekend held in Eastport.
- [dead link] The Commons Eastport, 53 Water St, ☏ . Fifty area artists.
- Crow Tracks Gallery, 11 Water St, ☏ . Delightful wood carvings.
- 1 Eastport Chowder House, 167 Water St, ☏ . Nice views and great seafood.
- La Sardina Loca, 28 Water St, ☏ . Mexican.
- 2 WaCo Diner, 47 Water St. Breakfast here.
- 1 The Happy Crab, 35 Water St, ☏ . Sports bar atmosphere.
- 1 The Motel East, 23A Water St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Overlooking Passamaquoddy Bay. $105-$120.
- 2 Todd House Bed and Breakfast, 1 Capen Ave, ☏ . Check-out: 11 am. Continental breakfast from 7:30am to 9am. Pets are welcome for an additional $15 fee. $90-$125.
- Lubec, a short boat trip, or an hour drive around the bay
- Calais, a border town about an hour north along Route 1.