- Bangor International Airport (Bangor), ☎ .
- Bar Harbor Airport (Bar Harbor), ☎ . Smaller and served by only one or two airlines.
From the South or West
- Interstate 95 North all the way to Interstate 395 East, just before the center of Bangor. Take exit 6A - Alternate Route 1, which takes you to Ellsworth. (After Ellsworth there is no place to eat after 8PM.) Turn due East onto coastal Route 1 to Milbridge. At Milbridge stay on Route 1 through Harrington, Columbia Falls, Machias and Whiting. At Whiting, turn right onto SR 189, and follow signs to Lubec and Campobello Island.
- For a more scenic, slower route, take Route 1 all the way from Freeport or take Route 3 from Augusta to Belfast and then Route 1 north and east to Lubec.
From the Canadian Maritimes
- If you are passing through U.S. Customs at the border of St. Stephen, New Brunswick and Calais, go south on U.S. Route 1 to Whiting, then turn left on SR 189 to Lubec.
- Roosevelt Campobello International Park, ☎ . Rt. 189 to FDR Memorial Bridge to Campobello Island, Canada Grounds open dawn to dusk year round. Franklin D. Roosevelt's summer island home. Administered by a commission composed of members from both the United States and Canada. The park is owned, funded, and staffed by people from both countries. The Park Commission website is an important reference. Passport required.
- Edmund S. Muskie Visitor Center. Contains exhibits and a video interpreting the Roosevelt story. Saturday following Victoria Day (the Saturday prior to U.S. Memorial Day) through Canadian Thanksgiving (U.S. Columbus Day) daily 10AM-6PM ADT (9AM-5PM EDT). Canadian Thanksgiving (U.S. Columbus Day) through October 31, daily 10AM-5PM ADT (9AM-4PM EDT).
- FDR's 34-room summer home. To see what it looked like when he and his family lived there. Saturday following Victoria Day (the Saturday prior to U.S. Memorial Day) through Canadian Thanksgiving (U.S. Columbus Day) daily 10AM-6PM ADT (9AM-5PM EDT).
- Flower gardens. Walk through beautiful flower gardens.
- Mulholland Point Lighthouse. Enjoy a picnic lunch at lighthouse or one of the other scenic picnic areas.
- Hike the wooded paths. And fields of the park's 2,800-acre (1,134-hectare) natural area.
- 1 West Quoddy Lighthouse and Visitor Center, South Lubec Rd, ☎ . Memorial Day Weekend to mid-October 10:10AM-4PM. Picturesque red-striped lighthouse is the most eastern in the US. Visitor center is housed in the 1858 lighthouse keeper's quarters. Exhibits and docents. Nice picnic area and views. Free.
- Le Cadeau Originals Gallery, 53 Carrying Pl, ☎ . Cove Road. June-Sept W-Su 11AM-4PM. Original weaving, knitting, local photography.
- Info Stop, 135 Main Street at the Lubec Historical Society, ☎ . Tourist information, local tours, Historical Society Museum
- [dead link]South Lubec Sand Bar (Birding Paradise), Bar Rd (On South Lubec Road heading towards West Quoddy Head Lighthouse.). all hours. The South Lubec Sand Bar is debatably one of the top ten places to bird in Maine. It has extensive mudflats surrounding the site, which provide feeding and roosting habitat for a wide variety of shorebirds and is an important stopover for migratory birds. A wonderful destination for birding enthusiasts!
Outdoor activities include birding, cycling, fishing and hunting, golfing, whale-watching, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and snowshoeing.
- Quoddy Head State Park. May 15-October 15. Four and one-half miles of trails on over 500 acres. Forest, coastal and bog trails. Fee charged.
- [dead link]The Mary Potterton Memorial Free Concert Series. At the Congregational Church. Wednesdays at 7:30PM from the last Wednesday in June, through the last Wednesday in August.
- Tours of Lubec and Cobscook, 135 Main St, ☎ . vary. Local tours including history of Lubec and Campobello, Intertidal Shore, Bogs and the Ice Age, Lighthouses, Tide Mill Organic Farm
- Quoddy Regional Land Trust, 352 US Route 1 Whiting ME, ☎ . 9-5. Visit Mowry Beach and Pike Lands Conservation Areas located in Lubec and are open to hiking and daytime non-motorized use. Get your copy of the "Cobscook Trails" a guide to hiking in the area. Please contact us for more information. QRLT is a non-profit conservation organization.
- Mulholland Gallery and Gift Shop, 50 Water St (downtown , part of Lubec Landmarks and the McCurdy Smokehouse Complex), ☎ . 10-4 Tu-Su. Gallery showings of area artists and craftspeople. Gift shop features local and maritime gifts . Jewelry,hand made craft items, art , and yarns.
- West Quoddy Gifts, 16 Loon Ln (One Mile Before Quoddy Head State Park on the Left), ☎ . Call - Summer Hours 10-5. The Easternmost Gift Shop in the United States. Specializing in West Quoddy and area lighthouse souvenirs and gifts, gourmet foods, books, local crafts. One of a kind tees and sweatshirts with custom designs that you will not find anywhere else in the world. Courteous friendly service, in business since 1990.
- Murphy's Village Restaurant, 122 Main St, ☎ . Daily year round.
- Cohill's Inn (Formerly the Lighthouse Inn), 7 Water St, ☎ . Open Year Round, - Call for reservations.
- The Home Port Inn and Restaurant, 45 Main St, ☎ , toll-free: . Daily. Call for reservations.
- Uncle Kippy's Seafood Restaurant, Main St, ☎ .
- Crow Town Gallery, 406 South Lubec Rd, ☎ . Crow Town Gallery is currently featuring the works of Lubec artist Bonnie Beard has well as hosting musical events produced by Cobscook Bay Music
- Annabell's Pub, 32 Water St, ☎ .
- Eastland Motel, 385 County Rd, ☎ . 20 rooms.
- Quoddy Head Station, toll-free: . Vacation rentals at restored Coast Guard Station. Beautiful views from your perch on the easternmost point.
- Cohill's Inn, 7 Water St, ☎ . Formerly the Lighthouse Inn. Open Year Round.
- Away From it All (Village Propert Services LLC), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Lovely vacation homes. Oceanside, oceanview, village and remote available in Lubec and surrounding area.
- Lubec Bay Cottage, 450 South Lubec Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. A Classic Maine seaside cottage on 3 oceanfront acres of lush meadows and wild flowers. Sleeps 4 - 2 bedrooms; 2 baths. Spectacular views from deck, balcony and seaside sitting area that is adjacent to a renowned birding reserve. Private artist studio on property.
- Lubec Rental Properties, LLC (Jody Grimes), PO Box 307, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 5PM, check-out: 10AM. Offering Quality Vacation Rental Homes – 14 rental homes in Lubec. Prices range from $450 to $1,500 per week. Properties range from sandy beach front apartment, to secluded saltwater farm estate, to grand Victorian style, to simple cottages, to cozy log cabins, to ocean front New Englanders. Properties rent by the week during summer. Some are also available by the day, month, or season during spring, fall and winter months. $450 - $1500.
- Spring and Summer Downeast Lodgings, 4 Spring St, ☎ . Comfortable self-catering accommodations on a tree-lined street in the center of the village. Available as an apartment with three bedrooms, kitchenette, two lounges, and full bath, or by the room. Off street parking, use of laundry facilities included. Moderate rates, discounts for 5 or more nights, also for off-season stays.
Bed and breakfasts
- Bay Views Bed & Breakfast, 6 Monument St, ☎ .
- Betsy Ross Lodging, 61 Water St, ☎ . Six rooms.
- The Home Port Inn and Restaurant, 45 Main St, ☎ , toll-free: .
- The Peacock House, 27 Summer St, ☎ , toll-free: .
|Routes through Lubec|
|END ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ → becomes → Campobello Island|