Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Bangor International Airport (Bangor), ☏ .
- Bar Harbor Airport (Bar Harbor), ☏ . Smaller and served by only one or two airlines.
From the south or west
- Interstate 95 North all the way to Interstate 395 East, just before the center of Bangor. Take exit 6A - Alternate Route 1, which takes you to Ellsworth. (After Ellsworth there is no place to eat after 8PM.) Turn due East onto coastal Route 1 to Milbridge. At Milbridge stay on Route 1 through Harrington, Columbia Falls, Machias and Whiting. At Whiting, turn right onto SR 189, and follow signs to Lubec and Campobello Island.
- For a more scenic, slower route, take Route 1 all the way from Freeport or take Route 3 from Augusta to Belfast and then Route 1 north and east to Lubec.
From the Canadian Maritimes
- If you are passing through U.S. Customs at the border of St. Stephen, New Brunswick and Calais, go south on U.S. Route 1 to Whiting, then turn left on SR 189 to Lubec.
- Roosevelt Campobello International Park, ☏ . On Campobello Island, Canada. Passport required.
- 1 West Quoddy Lighthouse and Visitor Center, 973 S Lubec Rd, ☏ . Memorial Day weekend to mid-October 10AM-4PM. Picturesque red-striped lighthouse is the most eastern in the US. Visitor center is housed in the 1858 lighthouse keeper's quarters. Exhibits and docents. Nice picnic area and views. Has tours on Saturdays. free.
- Le Cadeau Originals Gallery, 53 Carrying Pl, ☏ . Cove Road. June-Sept W-Su 11AM-4PM. Original weaving, knitting, local photography.
- Info Stop, 135 Main Street at the Lubec Historical Society, ☏ . Tourist information, local tours, Historical Society Museum
- [dead link] South Lubec Sand Bar (Birding Paradise), Bar Rd (On South Lubec Road heading towards West Quoddy Head Lighthouse.). all hours. The South Lubec Sand Bar is debatably one of the top ten places to bird in Maine. It has extensive mudflats surrounding the site, which provide feeding and roosting habitat for a wide variety of shorebirds and is an important stopover for migratory birds. A wonderful destination for birding enthusiasts!
Outdoor activities include birding, cycling, fishing and hunting, golfing, whale-watching, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and snowshoeing.
- Quoddy Head State Park. May 15-October 15. Four and one-half miles of trails on over 500 acres. Forest, coastal and bog trails. Fee charged.
- [formerly dead link] The Mary Potterton Memorial Free Concert Series. At the Congregational Church. Wednesdays at 7:30PM from the last Wednesday in June, through the last Wednesday in August.
- Tours of Lubec and Cobscook, 135 Main St, ☏ . vary. Local tours including history of Lubec and Campobello, Intertidal Shore, Bogs and the Ice Age, Lighthouses, Tide Mill Organic Farm
- [dead link] Quoddy Regional Land Trust, 352 US Route 1 Whiting ME, ☏ . 9AM-5PM. Visit Mowry Beach and Pike Lands Conservation Areas located in Lubec and are open to hiking and daytime non-motorized use. Get your copy of the "Cobscook Trails" a guide to hiking in the area. Please contact us for more information. QRLT is a non-profit conservation organization.
- Mulholland Gallery and Gift Shop, 50 Water St (downtown , part of Lubec Landmarks and the McCurdy Smokehouse Complex), ☏ . Tu-Su 10AM-4PM. Gallery showings of area artists and craftspeople. Gift shop features local and maritime gifts . Jewelry,hand made craft items, art , and yarns.
- West Quoddy Gifts, 16 Loon Ln (One Mile Before Quoddy Head State Park on the Left), ☏ . Call - Summer Hours 10AM-5PM. The Easternmost Gift Shop in the United States. Specializing in West Quoddy and area lighthouse souvenirs and gifts, gourmet foods, books, local crafts. One of a kind tees and sweatshirts with custom designs that you will not find anywhere else in the world. Courteous friendly service, in business since 1990.
- Murphy's Village Restaurant, 122 Main St, ☏ . Daily year round.
- Cohill's Inn (Formerly the Lighthouse Inn), 7 Water St, ☏ . Open year round - call for reservations.
- The Home Port Inn and Restaurant, 45 Main St, ☏ , toll-free: . Daily. Call for reservations.
- Uncle Kippy's Seafood Restaurant, Main St, ☏ .
- Crow Town Gallery, 406 South Lubec Rd, ☏ . Crow Town Gallery features the works of Lubec artist Bonnie Beard and hosts musical events produced by Cobscook Bay Music.
- Annabell's Pub, 32 Water St, ☏ .
- Eastland Motel, 385 County Rd, ☏ . 20 rooms.
- Quoddy Head Station, toll-free: . Vacation rentals at restored Coast Guard Station. Beautiful views from your perch on the easternmost point.
- Cohill's Inn, 7 Water St, ☏ . Formerly the Lighthouse Inn. Open year round.
- Lubec Bay Cottage, 450 South Lubec Rd, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. Seaside cottage on 3 oceanfront acres of lush meadows and wild flowers. Sleeps 5 - 2 bedrooms; 2 baths. Spectacular views from deck, balcony and seaside sitting area that is adjacent to a renowned birding reserve. Private artist studio on property.
- Spring and Summer Downeast Lodgings, 4 Spring St, ☏ . Comfortable self-catering accommodations on a tree-lined street in the center of the village. Available as an apartment with three bedrooms, kitchenette, two lounges, and full bath, or by the room. Off street parking, use of laundry facilities included. Discounts for 5 or more nights, also for off-season stays.
Bed and breakfasts
- Bay Views Bed & Breakfast, 6 Monument St, ☏ .
- Betsy Ross Lodging, 61 Water St, ☏ . Six rooms.
- The Home Port Inn and Restaurant, 45 Main St, ☏ , toll-free: .
- The Peacock House, 27 Summer St, ☏ , toll-free: .
|Routes through Lubec|
|END ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ → becomes → Campobello Island|