Edessa has no airports. The closest airports to Edessa are the airports of Kastoria (about 75km away), Kozani (about 60km away) and Thessaloniki (about 90km away), the most busy of them is Thessaloniki's airport. You will need another means of transport to reach Edessa from any of these airports.
From Edessa you can visit Veroia and Thessaloniki, as there are some local trains between them. Edessa is also served by trains to/from Florina. Since October 2012, that railway line has opened again. Timetables and prices can be found on TrainOSE website.
There are a lot of bus connections between Thessaloniki and Edessa. There are also two buses per day to/from Athens. These services are provided by KTEL Pellas and you can find more information about them on their website.
- 1 Waterfalls. The most famous attraction of Edessa is its waterfalls. The park, where the waterfalls can be seen is near the railway station. The area next to the waterfalls has been developed so that one can pass below the main waterfall and watch the view from there.
- 2 Byzantine Bridge.
- 3 Longos Archaeological Area.
- 4 Museum of Folklore.
- [dead link] Gaia Kaimaktsalan Hotel, LOUTRAKI PELLA 58400, ☎ , . Gaia Kaimaktsalan Hotel & Spa Resort is located at a distance of 7 km from the town of Aridaia and just 2 km from the mineral baths of Pozar and is certainly one of the best Pozar Hotels.
- 1 Hotel Elena, Dimitriou Rizou 4, ☎ .
- Olympia Hotel, 51, "28 Oktovriou" Str., ☎ . 2-star hotel
- 2 Varosi 4 seasons Hotel, A. Meletiou 48, 58200, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 130:00, check-out: 12:00. Varosi 4 seasons is a new, charming hotel, build with the local architectural style of the 1900's, with stone and wood. Varosi 4 seasons is located in Varosi, the old neighbourhood of Edessa, just a few steps from the impressive waterfalls, overlooking the plains of Pella.
- 3 [dead link] Guesthouse Varosi, A. Meletiou 45-47, 58200. Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 12:00. The old family house has been reformed to a warm, welcoming guesthouse that offers the original atmosphere of Greek hospitality
- 4 Hotel Alfa, Egnatias 28.