Sacramento International Airport is approximately 26 miles north.
Elk Grove has its own public bus line called e-Tran. You can buy passes online, and there are multiple stops around the city.
- 1 Elk Grove Historical Society, 9941 E Stockton Blvd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Small museum with some history about Elk Grove that holds events for certain holidays, such as Halloween and Christmas. Good place to take children to.
- 2 Grave of Elitha Cumi Donner Wilder, 8546-8560 Elk Grove Blvd (Directly south of the main road, in the Elk Grove Cosumnes-Cemetery District.). A small historical California landmark in remembrance of the survivor of the Donner Party.
- 3 Site of the First County Free Library Branch in California, 9125 Elk Grove Blvd. Another historical landmark of the state of California.
- 4 Community Rose Garden (In Dick Lichtenburger Park.). If it's on your way, this is a nice garden to stop and relax in. It's inside of a park that also has places to walk.
- 1 Pinot's Palette, 8962 Elk Grove Blvd A, ☏ , ✉ ElkGrove@PinotsPalette.com. An art studio chain where you can sign up for classes and paint, along with enjoying alcohol. The bartenders make pretty good recommendations.
- 2 Exit Strategy Games, 9833 Kent St, Elk Grove, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Sun 12-8:30PM, Mon-Thu 5:30-10:30PM, Fri 5:30-11PM, Sat 12-11PM. An escape room; one of two locations, the other in Mammoth Lakes. A good activity for families or for parties.
- 3 Emerald Lakes Golf Course, 10651 E Stockton Blvd,, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sun 6AM-7PM, Mon-Sat 6AM-8PM. Well-maintained golf course with 9 holes. They also offer lessons.
- 1 Elk Grove Commons, 9624 Bruceville Rd. Shopping center with your typical range of stores such as a UPS, World Market, and a Kohl's.
- 2 The Red Door Antiques, Vintage & More, 9056 Elk Grove Blvd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Sun 11AM-4PM, Mon-Sat 11AM-5PM. A small, local store with vintage and antique furniture.
- 3 Gifts From the Heart of Elk Grove, 9685 Elk Grove Florin Rd, ☏ . Mon-Sat 10AM-5PM. Locally owned gift shop with educational toys, gifts, and the like.
- 1 Boulevard Bistro, 8941 Elk Grove Blvd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sun 10AM-2PM, Mon-Thu 5-9PM, Fri-Sat 5-10PM. California-inspired dishes and wine in a bungalow built in the early 20th century. It's not a stop-and-go food place but a good choice if you'd like to sit down and eat somewhere more suited for a date night.
- 2 Kotteri Ramen Bar, 9015 Bruceville Rd, Elk Grove, CA 95758, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Sun-Sat 11AM–2:30PM, 5–10PM. Japanese restaurant serving ramen among other things, like squid legs. The broth overall is very good; try ordering the black tonkatsu ramen.
- 3 Journey to the Dumpling, 7419 Laguna Blvd #180, ☏ . Mon-Thu 11AM–3PM, 4–9PM, Fri 11AM–3PM, 4–9:30PM, Sat 10AM–3PM, 4–9:30PM, Sun 10AM–3PM, 4–9PM. Chinese restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere that serves alcohol in addition to dumpling soups and noodle dishes with large portions.
- 4 Sarom's Southern Kitchen, 6624 Laguna Blvd Ste 102, ☏ . Sat-Sun 7AM-4PM, Mon-Fri 7AM-3PM. Southern comfort food location popular for its sweet potato pie. Offers foods such as ribs, chicken and waffles and grits.
- 1 Babe's Lounge, 9007 Elk Grove Blvd, ☏ . Lounge with a good whiskey selection and bottomless mimosa on Sundays.
- 2 Hay Tone's Hangout, 10413 Franklin Blvd, ☏ . Casual dive bar with a pool area and a selection of beers.
- 1 Holiday Inn Express, 2460 Maritime Dr, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Amenities include complimentary, hot breakfast, fitness center, and outdoor pool and whirlpool.
- 2 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 9175 W. Stockton Blvd, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Amenities include complimentary breakfast & wi-fi.
Sacramento is just 10 minutes away on 5 North or 99 North.
|Routes through Elk Grove|
|Redding ← Sacramento ←||N S||→ Lodi → Los Angeles|
|Red Bluff ← Sacramento ←||N S||→ Lodi → Fresno|