- 1 Elko Regional Airport (J.C. Harris Field EKO IATA), 975 Terminal Way (off of Mountain City Highway), ☏ . The airport works with Skywest Airlines to provide in and out bound flights to and from Salt Lake City daily.
Amtrak. The California Zephyr stops here on its runs between Chicago and San Francisco. There are two Amtrak platforms in Elko. The first is located at 1300 Water Street (Westbound only). The other is located at 1301 Sharps Access Rd (Eastbound only).
- 1 California Trail Interpretive Center, 1 Trail Center Way, ☏ . W- Su, 9AM- 4:30PM.
- 2 Western Folklife Center, 501 Railroad St, ☏ .
- 3 Northeastern Nevada Museum, 1515 Idaho St., ☏ . Tu-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM. Adults $8, Seniors (65+)and Students $2. Children (3-12) $1.
- Cowboy Arts and Gear Museum, 542 Commercial St, ☏ .
- 4 Lamoille Presbyterian Church, 317 Lamoille Hwy, Lamoille (intersection of Hwy 227 and Crossroads Ln), ☏ . An often photographed spot of a country church with the Ruby Mountains rising in the background.
- 5 Lamoille Canyon Scenic Byway (south of the town of Lamoille on NF-660). An approximately 12 mile stretch of scenic highway that ascends Lamoille Canyon through the Ruby Mountains, also known as the Swiss Alps of Nevada.
If you win...
Chances are that, if you win it big in Elko and you are not a U.S. citizen your winnings will be subject to a 30% withholding tax from the Internal Revenue Service. That $10,000 slot winning can dwindle quite quickly if that is taken off the top. Not to worry though you can reclaim your gambling winnings tax through a 1042-S form. You should get this from the casino so don't lose it: it is your starting ticket to getting your gambling winnings back.
- 1 Wild Horse State Recreation Area, ☏ . 24 hrs. Day use $5/day, Boat launch $10, Camping $15/ night, Camp and Boat $20/night.
- 2 South Fork State Recreation Area, 353 Lower South Fork #8, Spring Creek, NV, ☏ . 24 hrs. Day use $5/day, Boat launch $10, Camping $15/ night, Camp and Boat $20/night.
- 3 Ruby Lake National Wildlife Refuge, ☏ .
- 4 Ruby Mountains Hiking Road's End Trailhead (end of Lamoille Canyon Scenic Byway or NF-660). This trailhead offers the chance to discover a number of trails such as the Ruby Crest National Recreation Trail and Island Lake Trail into the Ruby Mountains, with its alpine lakes and serrated topography.
- 2 Pizza Barn, 2598 Idaho St, ☏ . 11AM–9PM Daily, F 11AM–10PM.
- 3 Dos Amigos, 1770 Mountain City Hwy, ☏ . Su–Th 11AM–9:30PM, F-Sa 11AM–10PM. added link, hours, coordinates.
- 4 La Fiesta, 780 Commercial St, ☏ . 11AM–9PM Tu-Th, 11AM–10PM F–Sa, 9AM–9PM Su (closed M).
- 5 9 beans & a Burrito, 2525 Argent Ave, ☏ .
- Days Inn Elko-Idaho Street, 1500 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Wingate by Wyndham Elko, 3019 Idaho St, ☏ .
- American Inn, 500 W. Oak St, ☏ .
- Budget Inn, 1349 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Comfort Inn, 2970 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, 2050 Idaho St, toll-free: .
- High Desert Inn, 3015 Idaho St, ☏ . Taking a break due to Covid-19; scheduled to reopen in May 2022.
- Shutters Hotel Elko, 3650 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Manor Motor Lodge, 185 Idaho St, ☏ .
- Baymont by Wyndham Elko, 95 Spruce Rd, ☏ .
- Maverick Casino Hotel Elko, 2065 Idaho St, toll-free: .
- Shiloh Inn, 2401 Mtn. City, ☏ .
- Stampede Motel, 129 W. Idaho St, ☏ .
- Ramada by Wyndham Elko Hotel at Stockmen's Casino, 340 Commercial St, ☏ .
- Elko County Library, 720 Court St, ☏ . M-Tu 9AM-8PM, W-Th 9AM-6PM, F-Sa 9AM-5PM.
- 1 Elko Family Medical & Dental Center, 762 14th St, ☏ , toll-free: . Medicalː M-F 7AM-5PM; Dentalː M-Th 7AM-6PM. Closes for lunch, noon-1PM. Appointments recommended, walk-in welcome.
Reno - 80 West. About 4 hours away.
Salt Lake City - 80 East. About 3 1/2 hours away.
Austin - 80 West to 305 South to 50 East. About 2 1/2 hours away
Twin Falls - 80 East to 93 North. About 2 1/2 hours away.
|Routes through Elko|
|Sacramento ← Winnemucca ←||W E||→ Salt Lake City → Denver|
|Reno ← Battle Mountain ←||W E||→ Wells → Salt Lake City|