Wells is in Northern Nevada.
|Daily highs (°F)||35.8||39.9||47.9||57.7||67.2||77.6||88.3||86.6||76.4||63.2||46.7||37.0|
|Nightly lows (°F)||11.2||16.3||22.3||27.8||34.5||41.4||48.0||45.5||36.5||27.0||19.4||12.1|
As a rural junction town, Wells is easiest to get to by car. From points east and west, Interstate 80 runs right to Wells at exits 351 and 352. From the north and south, U.S. Highway 93 runs through Wells and meets I-80 at exit 352.
There is a speed trap just outside of town on I-80, so when you see the speed limit drop, follow it strictly until it rises again.
6th Street intersects Highway 93 a block north of the freeway and can be used to access nearly every hotel in Wells.
If you win...
Chances are that, if you win it big in Wells and you are not a U.S. citizen your winnings will be subject to a 30% withholding tax from the Internal Revenue Service. That $10,000 slot winning can dwindle quite quickly if that is taken off the top. Not to worry though you can reclaim your gambling winnings tax through a 1042-S form. You should get this from the casino so don't lose it: it is your starting ticket to getting your gambling winnings back.
Gambling opportunities are easy to find in any Nevada town, though table games such as blackjack can be harder to come by in some of the smaller ones. At the very least, many truck stops and convenience stores offer slot machines, video poker, and other automated betting. Some of the larger casino space in Wells can be found at the 4-Way Bar/Cafe and the Old West Inn.
Rural Nevada is the only part of the United States with legal, licensed brothels. Wells is home to two of them, both relegated to the other side of the train tracks from the main part of town, with a dedicated access road between 10th Street and the highway to keep them somewhat secluded and out of sight.
- 1 Bella's Espresso House, 143 Highway 93 (between 6th Street and the freeway at exit 352), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 7AM–9PM daily. Full service restaurant despite the coffee shop name.
- 2 Four Way Bar Cafe and Casino, 1440 6th Street, ☎ .
- 3 Wells ChinaTown Restaurant, 755 Humboldt Ave (just north of exit 351), ☎ . Deliberately American-style Chinese food; entrées generally in the $8–12 range. Part of a complex that includes motel space, an RV park, and a plug-in station for electric cars.
- 1 [dead link] Luthers Bar & Grill, 479 6th Street, ☎ . 11AM–midnight daily. Set up as a bar, but offers a full menu of grill-friendly food. Frog legs available. $5–15.
- 1 Big Pillow Motel, 778 4th Street, ☎ .
- 2 Griff's Wagon Wheel Motel, 340 6th Street, ☎ .
- 3 Lonestar Motel, 676 6th Street, ☎ .
- 5 Rest Inn Suites Motel, 1509 6th Street, ☎ .
- 6 Sharon Motel, 635 6th Street, ☎ .
- 7 Shellcrest Motel, 573 6th Street, ☎ .
- 9 Old West Inn, 455 6th Street, ☎ .
- Jackpot and Wendover are both about an hour's drive away from Wells—Jackpot on northbound Highway 93 and Wendover on eastbound Interstate 80. These towns have amenities comparable to Wells in most regards, except with much larger and more extravagant casinos thanks to their locations on the Idaho and Utah borders, respectively.
|Routes through Wells|
|Reno ← Elko ←||W E||→ Wendover → Salt Lake City|
|Twin Falls ← Jackpot ←||N S||→ Ely → Las Vegas|