Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brothel Policy violation?
This article lists a couple of Brothels under 'Adult Entertainment'
- I get the sense that the policy linked above was crafted under the assumption of prostitution being illegal—it seems to be almost a subpage of the illegal activities policy—which is not the case in rural Nevada. In fact, the main Nevada page has a very similar section. We should apparently be using a non-euphemistic name for the brothels section, but deleting the whole thing when it may very well be the #1 tourist attraction in town would be contrary to our traveler-comes-first golden rule.
Thatotherpersontalkcontribs 05:56, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- As far as I understand, the policy applies the same regardless of legal status in each location.
- We don't have to hide the fact that this town has brothels, or even that they may be the only reason you would want to visit. However individual listings including telephone numbers and email addresses do go far beyond what is allowed under the policy.
- There is more of a conversation about this article in Wikivoyage_talk:Sex_tourism_policy Andrewssi2 (talk) 06:06, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- Just to respond to your 'undo' action, I took the step to quickly remove the listings in order to avoid the really unpleasant situation we had a couple months ago. I would ask you promptly discuss your case on the policy talk page so that it can resolved today.
- Otherwise we can remove again and they can be recovered at a later point if the community believes they should be allowed. Andrewssi2 (talk) 06:17, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- Based on the policy, as it stands, I think it's clear that, as Andrew says, the specific listings can't be in the article. However, Thatotherperson, if you'd like to advance the argument that brothels should be listable in jurisdictions where they are fully legal, please do so at Wikivoyage_talk:Sex_tourism_policy. You'll probably find that some of us agree with such a policy change and some of us don't, but either way, it's an appropriate discussion. Ikan Kekek (talk) 06:51, 17 March 2014 (UTC)