The Emerald Coast, also called the Miracle Strip, is in the Florida Panhandle and consists of the coastal regions of Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, and Bay counties. The region is informally known as the "Redneck Riviera". South Walton Beach 30A, a 15-mile beach road between Panama City Beach and Sandestin, is a relatively unknown jewel consisting of first-class development, totally rewriting the idea of "Redneck Riviera".
- 1 DeFuniak Springs
- 2 Destin
- 3 Fort Walton Beach
- 4 Freeport
- 5 Mexico Beach
- 6 Niceville
- 7 Panama City
- 8 Panama City Beach
- 9 Santa Rosa Beach
- 1 Choctawhatchee National Forest
- 2 Gulf Islands National Seashore
- 3 Britton Hill is the highest natural point in Florida. It is in the northern part of the county, about half a mile from the Alabama border. Lakewood Park was built on the spot on the west side of CR 285. It contains a stone monument marking the spot. Oddly, there is not much signage on the roads to help find Britton Hill.
There are four commercially served airports in this region.
- Pensacola International Airport, the largest airport in the region, located in Pensacola, primarily serves Pensacola, Navarre, Milton, and Fort Walton Beach; mainly covered and described within the West Florida article
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport, the largest airport within the counties specifically included in this article (see the above, "Understand" section for details, primarily serves Fort Walton Beach, Destin, Navarre, and Niceville.
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, an airport in Panama City Beach, serving the city thereof.
- Destin Executive Airport, a small airport in Destin, only serves small Cessna Caravan flights to Atlanta, Jackson, and Memphis on Southern Airways Express.
Important places to visit include the Apalachicola National Forest and the beach, which is absolutely beautiful on the Emerald Coast in Destin and Fort Walton Beach.
The South Walton Beach 30A, a 15-mile beach road between Panama City Beach and Sandestin, is a relatively unknown scenic route.
There are deep sea fishing and parasailing opportunities in this region.