Esslingen am Neckar is a city in Stuttgart Region.
The former free imperial city of Esslingen is nestled in the Neckar valley and surrounded by vineyards. A stroll through the winding, cobbled streets and charming pedestrian streets of the historic center is recommended as shopping pleasure as well as a walk in the past. The medieval city center is the only one that has survived in such unity in the Stuttgart region.
- 1 Esslingen (Neckar) station. Regional and S-Bahn Stuttgart service.
Esslingen is one of only three German cities left to use electric buses with overhead wires (trolleybuses).
- 1 Stadtkirche St. Dionys (Church of St. Dionys). The Protestant Church of St. Dionys is a church of the Gothic period. The church stands on the south side of the town square and forms with the Catholic Cathedral of St. Paul and the Frauenkirche an ensemble that dominates the town.
- 2 Burg (Castle). The so-called castle is a preserved part of the medieval fortification above the former and today's city center.
- 3 Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall). The medieval half-timbered building was built as merchant house, and later served the municipality for representative purposes. The north gable was remodeled contemporary in the Renaissance and wears a historical, astronomical clock and a tower with a bell and figure game installed in the early 20th century.
- 1 Kessler Sekt Tour (Kessler Sparkling Wine Tour). Visit Germany's oldest sparkling wine producer. The regular tour takes 1½ hours showing the production and includes a sparkling wine tasting.
- Christmas market: 26 November – 22 December 2019. The medieval market makes this one of the best Christmas markets to visit. (date needs updating)
- Hotel am Schillerpark, Neckarstraße 60, ☏ .
- Best Western Premier Hotel Park Consul Stuttgart/Esslingen, Grabbrunnenstraße 19, ☏ .