Solingen is world famous for its century old tradition of making knives and swords and you can still get a high quality blade here, but expect to pay good money for good quality.
- 1 Solingen Main Station. The train station has regular services to other cities in North Rhine-Westphalia (Düsseldorf, Cologne, Dortmund, etc.) and elsewhere in Germany (Frankfurt, Munich...), as well as sporadic services to Basel and Vienna.
Düsseldofr, Cologne/Bonn, Dortmund, and Frankfurt are all within close proximity to Solingen.
- 1 Müngstener Brücke. with the adjacent Brückenpark: The Müngsten Viaduct between Solingen and Remscheid is the highest railway bridge in Germany, running at 107 metres above ground level. A park located below the bridge contains various playground items, a mini golf course, a hand-operated overhead ferry and a bistro. Also, there are various hiking trails in the area.
- 2 Burg Castle (Schloss Burg).
- 1 Fasil, Am Neumarkt 13, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu - F 12:00-15:00 and 17:30-24:00, Sa 12:00-15:00 and 17:30-05:00, Su 15:00-24:00. Turkish and mediterranean food.
- 2 Gaston - Fischerstube, Breidbacher Tor 5-7, ☏ . M - Sa 10:00-21:30, Su 11:00-15:00. Seafood
- 3 Bistro & Café Valentino, Küstergasse 1, ☏ . M - F 09:00-19:00, Sa 09:00-16:00. Serves breakfast, lunch and cakes.
- 1 Adler Apotheke, Stresemannstraße 8, ☏ . Bed and breakfast in the formerly "Adler Apotheke (pharmacy)" much used by craftsman. Shared bathroom and toilets. 25€ per night in a single room.
- 2 Hotel Solinger Hof, Goerdelerstraße 9, ☏ . Hotel with restaurant and three skittle lanes.
- 3 Zum Roten Ochsen, Konrad-Adenauer-Straße 20, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Small hotel with 18 rooms.
- Monteurzimmer Solingen, Kölner Straße, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Bed and breakfast much used by craftsman. Shared bathroom and toilets. 360€ per month an person.
- 4 H+ Hotel Solingen, Teschestraße 34, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. All rooms are equipped with tv, radio, fridge and a bathroom.