Jump to navigation Jump to search
Evrytania is a region in Central Greece.
- 1 Agrafa — Α village in the mountainous area by the borders with Thessaly, still away from the tourist crowds despite its natural beauty.
- 2 Fidakia — A village with beautiful views to nearby Lake Kremasta
- 3 Granitsa (Evrytania) — A village in the forested area of Mount Liakoura.
- 4 Karpenisi — The regional capital and a popular winter destination on the wooded slopes of Mount Tymfristos, at an altitude of 1000 meters.
- 5 Krikelo — Built at 1120m altitude, Krikelo is famous for its chestnut woods and has some guest houses.
- 6 Megalo Chorio — Traditional settlement on the slope of Mt Kaliakouda (2098 m), with plenty of streams and waterfalls in its outskirts.
- 7 Proussos — A village famous for its monastery set in a stunning location.
- 1 Lake Kremasta — The largest artificial lake in Greece
- 2 Pantavrechi Canyon and Waterfalls — A rocky canyon on the Krikeliotis River.
- 3 Velouchi Ski Resort — Located on the northern slope of Mount Tymfristos, few km away from Karpenisi city
You need a car to get around.
- Hike forest trails from Megalo Chorio up 1 Mount Kaliakouda, with fresh spring water pouring out of the mountain and a refuge for overnight staying.
- Mountain biking
- Go skiing in the winter at Velouchi, one of the best ski resorts in Greece.
- White-water-rafting in the spring
Some of the traditional products of Evrytania are:
- Kokoretsi and roast lamb (arnaki psito)
- Mezedes (appetizers) made from local meats, sausages, feta cheese and the local soft cheese tsalafouti or katiki.