The Fanad Peninsula is in County Donegal.
Towns and villages
Kerrykeel Portsalon Tamney Rossnakill
- Fanad Head and Lighthouse
- The Great Arch, Between Portsalon and Lighthouse (hard). there is a signpost for it.
- The Atlantic Drive is signposted and takes you around the peninsula. However, it is easy to get lost as the region is full of interlacing crossroads and taking a wrong turn at an unsignposted intersection is almost inevitable. The best thing to do is enjoy the experience and find your own way around.
- Ripples Restaurant
- The Lighthouse Tavern (1 km from Lighthouse at Fanad Head). Friendly family run pub with a great atmosphere and genuine hospitality.
- The Atlantic House. Friendly family run pub with a great atmosphere and genuine hospitality.
- The Fanad Lodge. Friendly family run pub with a great atmosphere and genuine hospitality.
The main danger when travelling in this region is the roads, or lack of them! Travelling on the coastal roads can be hair-raising for those inexperienced with Irish driving. Roads are narrow and twisting, many hug the cliff-face and the driver will not have the time or inclination to admire the surrounding scenery!