The Far South of Tamil Nadu consists of the districts of Kanniyakumari, Tuticorin, and Thirunelveli.
- 4 Kovilpatti — known as the Matchless City of Matches, the city is very famous for the Match Industries
- 6 Nagercoil — St.Francis Xavier stayed here and built a church on land awarded to him by the Venad king
- 10 Swamithoppe — a historical town with vast cultural and religious heritage, the religious head-quarters of Ayyavazhi
- 14 Tuticorin — now known as Thoothukudi, and headquarters of the Thoothukudi district, is famed for pearl fishing, production of salt, fishing and other related business
- 15 Surandai — Emerging town, north of Thirunelveli , with good views of the eastern ghats