Poovankurichi (Tamil: பூவன்குறிச்சி) or Poovan Kurichi is a hamlet situated in the district of Tirunelveli near Ambasamudram, Tamil Nadu, India. The village is located 50 km west of Tirunelveli town and 30 km from Tenkasi.
Drive from Tenkasi towards Ambasamudram (SH-40), till you reach Kizha Ambur Bus Stop. Take right on Ambur-Papanasam Road. Drive straight till Kizha Ambur Railway crossing in Kovankulam. After crossing, turn right. You will cross two lakes. Then you can see the Poovankurichi name board.
Drive from Tirunelveli towards Ambasamudram. From Ambasamudram drive towards Tenkasi(SH-40). Drive the vehicle till you reach Kizha Ambur Bus Stop. It is nearly 13 km from Ambasamudram to Kizha Ambur Bus Stop. Take left on Ambur- Papanasam Road. Drive straight till Kizha Ambur Railway crossing in Kovankulam. After crossing turn right . You will cross two lakes. Then you can see Poovankurichi name board.
Nearest Railway Station is Kizha Ambur (2.5km) from Poovankurichi. Daily 8 passenger trains pass: 4 trains from Tirunelveli to Senkottai & 4 trains from Senkottai to Tirunelveli.
Nearby places are:
- Agasthiar Falls (water flows throughout the year. About 40 km from Kutralam)
- Kalakkad Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve (KMTR)
- Karayar Dam (built by British)
- Manimuthar Dam (built by Ex.Chief minister-Kamarajar)
- Servalar Dam
- SivasailamTemple and Gadananathi River Dam
- Sorimuthianar kovil (famous for aadi amavasai; where lots of people visit)