Flitwick is a town in Bedfordshire. It is located about ten miles south of Bedford and ten miles north of Luton.
Flitwick is 5 mi (8.0 km) from junction 12 of the M1.
Flitwick a station on the Thameslink line. Trains from Flitwick station go north to Bedford and south to Luton, Luton Airport Parkway, St Albans, London, Gatwick Airport and Brighton.
The nearest airport is Luton 14 mi (23 km) miles south.
The main bus services are as follows:
- 42 (Grant Palmer) provides an hourly daytime service Mondays to Saturdays providing a connection to: Westoning, Harlington, Toddington, Ampthill, Houghton Conquest, Kempston and Bedford. No Sunday service
- J2 (Stagecoach) provides an hourly daytime service Mondays to Saturdays to: Houghton Conquest, Kempston and Bedford.
- 1 Flitwick Manor, Church Rd, MK45 1AE (see Sleep below). with grotto.
- 2 Flitwick Mill, Greenfield Rd, MK45 5BE. Water mill with overshot vertical waterwheel generating electricity
- 3 Flitwick Moor. A site of scientific interest with a rich valley mire. It is the largest wetland in Bedfordshire
- 4 Flitwick Castle (Temple Field or), MK45 1RA (Mount Hill is accessed from Kingfisher Rd and Warwick Close). The castle mount is 7 m (20 ft)
- Wrest Park, Silsoe, MK45 4HR, ☏ . A country estate with a Grade I listed house.
- Leisure Centre
- 1 Flitwick Market, 1hp, 11 Dunstable Rd, MK45 1HP (In the carpark of Flitwick Village Hall). F 8:30AM-2PM. Small open-air market every Friday selling local produce. The market has many stalls from a fish monger to baker, haberdashery, fruit and vegetables.
- 1 The Swan, 1 Dunstable Rd, MK45 1HP (near Flitwick Station), ☏ .
- 2 The Bumble Bee, Coniston Rd, MK45 1QY (Adjacent to Tesco), ☏ .
- 3 The Blackbirds, 25-27 High St, MK45 1DX, ☏ .
- 4 The Crown, Station Road, MK45 1LA, ☏ .
Pubs in Steppingley - approx 1 mi (1.6 km) west of Flitwick :
- 5 Drovers Arms, Flitwick Rd, Steppingley, MK45 5BA. M-Sa 3–10PM, Su 1-9PM.
- 6 The French Horn, 7 Church End, Steppingley, MK45 5AU, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Toilet in Tescos, Coniston Road, MK45 1LX (Immediately to the left once inside).
- Go north to Ampthill 2 mi (3.2 km) on A5120 with Houghton House.
- Go south to Dunstable by the A5120 and visit Whipsnade Zoo.
- Go west to Woburn 8 mi (13 km) with its safari park.
|Routes through Flitwick|
|END ← Bedford ←||North South||→ Harlington → Brighton|