Jump to navigation Jump to search
Formosa means "beautiful" in Portuguese. It is used as a name for more than one place:
- Formosa (province), a province in the Chaco region of Argentina.
- Formosa (Argentina), the capital city of Formosa (province).
- Formosa (Brazil), a city in the state of Goiás.
- Formosa (Canada), a town in Ontario.
- Formosa (Santarém) - a town in Portugal.
- Formosa (Portalegre) - a town in Portugal.
- The island was called "Formosa" by non-Chinese until the late 20th century. The Chinese name "Taiwan" is in general use now.
United States of America
- Formosa (Virginia) - a town in Virginia.
- Formosa (Arkansas) - a town in Arkansas.
|This article is a disambiguation page. If you arrived here by following a link from another page you can help by correcting it, so that it points to the appropriate disambiguated page.|