Franklin is a city in Tennessee, just a few miles south of Nashville, that has recently seen a lot of successful revitalization and development. There are two main areas of interest: One is the Cool Springs area, which is identified by its corporate and retail growth surrounding one of the largest malls in the Southeast, the CoolSprings Galleria. The other is historic downtown Franklin which retains much of its small town charm. It is a walkable, friendly historic downtown district, recognized as a Great American Main Street.
The south end of Main Street, sometimes referred to as Five Points, is joined by Highways 431 (Lewisberg Pike) and 31 (Columbia Pike) from the South, and Hillsboro Road and Franklin Road from Nashville. Franklin Road turns into Main Street in downtown. If traveling from interstate 65, take exit 68, Cool Springs Blvd. and head west until it dead ends into Mack Hatcher. Turn right, then the first left which is Franklin Road. This will bring you past The Factory at Franklin and into the public square in downtown Franklin. If you want more information when you arrive, there is a visitor center on Main Street in a tiny, historic building called McPhail, across from Baskin Robbins.
Downtown Franklin can easily be explored by foot. Main Street is the primary location for store fronts, but the various side streets also offer shopping and dining.
- Franklin Trolley. Runs through various areas of interest including Cool Springs, Downtown Franklin, and The Factory.
Although the Franklin Theatre's [dead link] future is uncertain at the moment, efforts are being made to transform it into the theater of old, making it a multi-use venue for movies, live entertainment and a variety of events.
- The Factory at Franklin. Is a revitalized former stove factory that offers shopping, dining, and lots more, in a unique, rustic setting. Enjoy Saffire Restaurant, a trendy restaurant with live music on the weekends. Stoveworks Restaurant serves traditional southern cuisine with an "open air" dining feel. Factory Row showcases local artists and their work, providing regular glimpses into the artists work as they paint, draw, craft while you watch.
- Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant, 120 Fourth Ave S.
- The Red Pony, 408 Main St.
- Dotson's Restaurant, 99 E Main St.
- Monell's, 108 Bridge St. Located in the former Franklin Jail.
- Franklin Mercantile Deli, 100 4th Ave N.
- Sol Restaurant, 403 Main St. Mexican Cuisine.
- McCreary's Irish Pub, 414 Main St. Irish Pub Fare
- McCreary's Irish Pub & Eatery, 414 Main St.
- The Pond, 595 Hillsboro Rd.
- Ramada Franklin, 6210 Hospitality Drive, ☎ . 37064.
- Nashville is roughly 15 to 20 minutes north via Interstate 65
- Leiper's Fork
|Routes through Franklin|
|Nashville ← Brentwood ←||N S||→ Columbia → Birmingham|
|Owensboro ← Nashville ←||N S||→ Lewisburg → Huntsville|