- For the town in Northern California sometimes called "Frisco" see under San Francisco
Frisco has several state highway and toll roads. From North (Sherman) or South (Dallas) on either State Highway 289 (also known as Preston Road) or the North Dallas Tollway (NDT). Access to the NDT is a few miles west on SH 380 from the intersection with SH 298. From East or West State Highway 380 (northern Border of Frisco, Farm to Market (FM) 720 (Also known as Main Street) or or State Highway 121 (southern border), also known as the Sam Rayburn Tollway (SRT)
From Oklahoma, The best you can take either Interstate 35E fork which intersect with SH 380 in Denton TX or SH 121 Business and the SRT in Lewisville. US 75 which intersects with US 380 and SH 121 /SRT in McKinney.
From Waco/Austin/ San Antonio take the 35E fork till it intersects with the SRT in Lewisville or you can get onto the NDT in Dallas at the interchange near Harry Hines blvd which will take you directly into Frisco.
Frisco does not have a commercial airport. You must fly to DFW Airport and travel north west on SH121/Sam Rayburn Tollway or to Love Field in Dallas and travel north into Frisco on the North Dallas Tollway or Preston Road.
Frisco does not direct passenger train service, the closest Amtrak Stations are in Fort Worth's Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center and Dallas's Union Station.
Amtrak runs two routes to the DFW area.
Heartland Flyer - Forth Worth to Oklahoma City.
Texas Eagle - San Antonio to Chicago. Traveling North from San Antonio there is a one hour layover in Fort Worth before continuing at Dallas, and vice versa when Traveling South from Dallas.
There is no public transportation within the city of Frisco, it is highly suggested to rent a car or use one of the many ride sharing services available in the Area.
- 1 National Videogame Museum, 8004 North Dallas Parkway (SE corner of Dallas North Tollway and Cotton Gin Rd. Inside the Frisco Discovery Center), ☎ . Tu-Th 10 am-5 pm; Fr-Sa 10 am-8 pm; Su noon-5 pm. A museum about the history of video games, the video game industry, how a video game is made, and where it's heading next. A rotating selection of playable game systems are available too. $12 general admission.
- The Star in Frisco, home of the NFL's Dallas Cowboys HQ and the adjoining Ford Center a 12,000 seat indoor stadium shared by the Dallas Cowboys and Frisco Independent School District. Tours are available.
- Museum of the American Rail Road, A rail road museum located near the Frisco Square. As of January 2018, it is still under construction, although scheduled walking tours are available to view the collection of vintage locomotives and rail cars.
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center, a science and technology museum geared towards children and families.
See local school football, hang around the numerous parks, or visit the awesome Frisco Public library with an amiable staff.
- 1 FC Dallas. The Major League Soccer team for the greater Dallas area. Plays at Toyota Stadium.
- 2 Frisco RoughRiders, ☎ . A minor league baseball Team, AA Affiliate for the Texas Rangers. They play in Visit Dr Pepper Ballpark, recently named one of the best ballparks in minor league baseball by Baseball America. There is a post-game fireworks show every Friday night that can be seen throughout most of Frisco. $7-$19.
- Texas Legends, a NBA d-league basketball team that plays at the DrPepper Arena.
Practically anything along Preston road is up for sale.
- 1 Stonebriar Centre, 2601 Preston Rd, Frisco, TX 75034. One of the busiest and largest shopping centers in the area, located at the intersection of the Sam Rayburn Tollway (SH 121) and Preston Road (SH 289). Has a 24-screen movie theater, a Dave and Buster's, and a variety of department stores including Dillard's and Nordstrom.
- Timeless Luxury Watches. Watch store that carries a large variety of brands, including some you don't see very often such as NOMOS and Grand Seiko.
The Stonebriar Mall includes many nationwide favorites such as the Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen.
Ice cream: Double Dip, Sheridan's, Maggie Moo's, The Great Escape, Cold Stone Creamery, Marble Slab, and the Snow Cone Lady.
- Hutchins BBQ.
- Macaroni Grill.
- Cheesecake Factory. Local branch of nationwide chain.