Fuliang County is forgotten compared to its parent city of Jingdezhen and the highly popular neighboring county of Wuyuan where some of the most beautiful villages in the country are located. The serenely charming villages of Fuliang County are located at the foot of mountains and near streams. The natural beauty of villages can be admired in peace, completely free of the high volume tourism of Wuyuan. Fuliang villages are so under visited that Song Dynasty kiln relic sites in its forests even sit unprotected from scavengers who freely take 1,000 year old large pieces of discarded pottery.
The county seat, Fuliang Town, is just 6km from Jingdezhen's CBD and can easily be reached by public bus. Two of the most common bus routes between Jingdezhen and Fuliang Town are 16 and 39.
Buses to the popular tourist town of Yaoli depart from the short-distance bus station on Jingdezhen's Shuguang Road (曙光路). There are two buses to Yaoli per day, one at 07:30 and another at 14:30. The bus fare is ¥14.
- 1 Old Fuliang County Yamen (浮梁古县衙), Xian Ya Road (县衙路) (Bus no. 39 terminates just outside the Southeast Gate), ☏ , . 08:00-18:00 (May to September), 08:00-17:30 (October to April). ¥50.
- 2 Red Pagoda (红塔) (Bus no. 39. The pagoda is just outside the gates of the yamen).
- 3 Fuliang County Museum (浮梁县博物馆), 26 Chaoyang Middle Avenue (朝阳中大道26号) (Bus routes 16, 30, 36, 905. Nearby bus stops include Fuliang County Tobacco Company (浮梁县烟草公司), Fuliang County Government (浮梁县政府) and the Fuliang Bus Station (浮梁汽车站)), ☏ . Free.
The landscape of the village is mountainous and lush. There is a field of lotus pads in summer and autumn. Along the trail and in the nearby forests there are only a few other people, likely locals taking a stroll.
- Guoshanxia kiln site. A short walk in the forest from the village takes you to the relic of a Song dynasty kiln site. There is a large pile of pottery pieces piled high. Although the site was only archaeologically discovered in 2014, the pile has been there for 1,000 years. Unfortunately there is no attempt to protect the site and scavengers are free to pick up pieces, so this place may disappear piece by piece with growing popularity.
- 4 Old Town of Yaoli (瑶里古镇), ☏ , . 08:00-17:30. Entry to the town itself is free, but you will need to purchase a ¥110 town pass if you want to visit certain attractions in and around the town.
- 5 Yaoli Museum (瑶里博物馆). A museum about the history of the town, with a particular focus on the local ceramics industry. The museum is housed inside the former Cheng Family Ancestral Hall, which dates from the Ming Dynasty. The entry fee is included in the town pass.