Jiangxi (江西) is a largely agricultural province in the southern central region of China.
- Nanchang - the capital of Jiangxi province
- Ganzhou- in the deep south of the district, rich in revolutionary sites; Ruijin is the most prestigious one.
- Jingdezhen - known both in China and abroad for porcelain, which it has been producing for more than 1000 years.
- Jiujiang - lies by the Changjiang River, famous for Lushan, a world heritage site.
- Shangrao - in the East, Sanqingshan Mount is listed in World Heritage Sites in 2008.
- Wuyuan - central city to a series of traditional villages and charming countryside.
- Xinyu - site of the Fairy Lake
- Yichun - in the West of the province, the city has Mingyue Mount (Bright Moon Mount) and rich Zen Buddhist culture.
- Ruijin- site of Red Army Headquarters from 1930-1934. Mao Zedong lived in the town then.
- Lushan (庐山): UNESCO World Heritage Site. Beautiful 1,474-meter mountain. Good day trip from Nanchang or Jiujiang
- Mt Sanqingshan National Park(三清山): UNESCO world heritage site. Mountain is 1820 meters high and very scenic. Hiking the popular circular trail takes 4-5 hours.
- The China Danxia landscape of Mount Longhu is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Most of the airline only connect to the Changbei airport in Nanchang, but international flights are almost impossible. Suggest always connect from Shanghai or Beijing. Mulitiple domestic airlines have flights to Changbei airport. Apart from this, you may fly thru the domestic airport- JingGanSan; however flights are pretty limited.
Most cities are connected by the newly upgraded railway. Major raliway lines connect all directions. ZheGanXian lines start from Shanghai, cross Zhejiang Province, and line up most cities and towns in Jiangxi from east to north, Yingtan, Xiangtang, Zhangshu, Xinyu, Yichun, Pingxiang, etc.; The latest D train is fast and comfortable. From Shanghai to Xinyu, takes 5.5 hours for the 1000km. D train ticket can be book 11 days ahead, and a ticket from Shanghai to Nanchang cost around ¥300.
Buy products made of bamboo fibre like socks, towels and underwear. They help you to stay cool in the summer.
Vegetable(s) cooked in claypot, with or without meat. They are delicious.
Yanshuibin: An ice-lolly made from salt, sugar and water. An excellent way to cool down during the warmer months.
Greentea-cum-Redbean ice-lolly: If you like green tea and redbean, try this. It is very tasty and refreshing.