Fulton is a small town in Texas, just north of Rockport and about 45 minutes north of Corpus Christi, along the Gulf of Mexico. It is along the coast of the Aranasa Bay, with the Gulf of Mexico about 5 miles out across the bay. To the west and north is Copano Bay. A public fishing pier extends across the bay for several miles. It's more a regular small town than a resort town.
There is also a very nice, from all appearances as viewed by a non-aviator, airport in Fulton.
Transit is primarily via automobile.
- Goose Island State Park (north of town across the bay). Includes a live oak tree (Quercus virginiana) over a thousand years old, a huge fishing pier, and free WiFi Internet access from the Visitors Center. Adult (13 years & over) day passes $5; 12 years & under, free.
- Alice Faye's, 910 N. Fulton Beach Rd (Along Fulton Beach), ☎ . Very good service, average food. Most of the seafood selections are fried. There is a bar for those looking to get a drink. $8 per person.
- Charlotte Plummers Seafare, 202 N. Fulton Beach Rd (Along Fulton Beach), ☎ . Very good service and food. A view of the bay and docks. Dinner around $18 per person.
There are a number of places to stay right along the coast, many with piers extending out into the bay. Some of them even look like they'd support a person walking along them or fishing from them. Some are in pretty questionable shape.
- Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Rockport-Fulton, 3902 Hwy 35 North, ☎ .
- Fulton Beach Bungalows, 130 Prairie Rd, ☎ , toll-free: . $85-125.
- Harbor Lights Cottages, 108 Laurel St, ☎ . 12 cottages and each have two bedrooms. Larger cottages for family of 6 to stay longer than a weekend.
- Inn at Fulton Harbor, 215 N. Fulton Beach Rd, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. $79+.
- Sandollar Resort, 919 N. Fulton Beach Rd, ☎ , toll-free: . $59-85.
- Sun Harbour, 1141 N. Fulton Beach Rd, ☎ .
|Routes through Fulton|
|Corpus Christi ← Rockport ←||S N||→ Port Lavaca → Houston|