Furore is a village of about 800 people on the Amalfi Coast. It overlooks the beautiful "Fjord of Furore", a narrow body of water located at the mouth of an overhanging valley.
In 1997, like the whole Amalfi Coast, it was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is also part of the club of the most beautiful villages in Italy, of the City of Wine Association and of the Painted Country Association.
The average temperature of the coldest month, January, is +10.7 ° C; that of the hottest month, August, is +26.8 ° C.
Precipitation has a summer minimum, a peak in autumn-winter and is still abundant even in spring.
Driving from Naples, leave the Motorway A3 at Castellammare di Stabia, follow the indications for Gragnano, Pimonte, Agerola, Furore.
Driving from the South, Salerno, continue towards Vietri sul Mare and continue along the Amalfi Drive Strada Costiera Aamlfitana, passing trough Cetara, Erchie, Maiori, Minori, Castiglione di Ravello, Atrani, Amalfi, just outside Amalfi at the junction for Positano, turn right towards Agerola, Furore.
Furore is 264 km from Rome, 55 km from Naples, 35 km from Salerno and 40 km from Sorrento.
The extra-urban connections with the other municipalities of the Amalfi Coast are operated by the Sita, whose buses travel along the state road 163 Amalfitana and the state road 366 of Agerola.
- The Fiord of Furore, the Fishing Village, the Paper Mill, House of Anna Magnani (La Storta) and House of Roberto Rossellini (Il Dottore)
- Church of San Giacomo Paintings of the History of Santa Margherita;
- Church of San Michele (set for the episode "Il Miracolo" of the film L'Amore with Anna Magnani and Roberto Rossellini)
- Church of Sant'Elia Famous Triptich by Angelo Antonello da Capua 1479.
- "The Painted Town". Walls of the houses along the road painted with murals.
- Trekking Furore is the ideal location for trekking along the slopes of the Lattari Mountains, and not far from the Highway of the Lattari Mountains: "The Path of the Gods." Other interesting and spectacular paths especially for the views, Sentiero della Volpe Pescatrice (The Fishing Vixen Path) from Punta Sant'Elia to the Fiord of Furore, and the path of the Agave in Fiore (The Agave in Flower), along this path leading from Punta Sant'Elia to Praiano, you will be able to find many agave, that after producing the incredible flower will die.
- Wine Furore winery Marisa Cuomo Gran Furor, produces excellent DOC wines, brands inclyde Furore red and wine, Fior d'Uva and Rosso Riserva
- Pomodorini del Piennolo Cherry tomatoes, kept in bunches on a string.
- Potatoes, Prickly pear and Prickly Pears liquors.
- Al Geranio, Via Nespol, ☏ .
- Hostaria di Bacco, Via G.B.Lama, 9, ☏ .
- La Conchiglia, Marina di Praia, ☏ .
- La Gatta Cenerentola, Via S.Michele, 9, ☏ .
- La Volpe Pescatrice, Via Santa Maria Vecchia, 28, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 12:30-15:00, 19:30-22:30. from €50.
- Locanda Ripa delle Janare, Via Aldo Moro 3, ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Holiday's Fico d'India, Via Aldo Moro 2, ☏ . with restaurant, gym, hot tub, and views of the sea.
Bed & Breakfast
- Le Marelle, Via G.B.Lama 50, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gli Stregatti, Via Lamaro 5, ☏ .
- Villamena, Via Croce 2/A, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- La Casa del Melograno (Via le Porpore 5), ☏ .
- Il Mignale, Via G. B. Lama 3, ☏ .
- Serafina, Via Picola (loc. Vigne), ☏ .
- S.Alfonso, Via S.Alfonso, 7, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. closed Jan 15 until Feb 15 double €65-100, halfboard €65-70.
From Furore you can easily reach Amalfi, Positano, Praiano, and Ravello. Enjoy a nice and breathtaking drive along the Amalfi Coast or take one of the local convenient and useful SITA buses. From Amalfi, there are daily boat connections with the island of Capri, Positano and Salerno. Furore is also a convenient location for visiting Pompeii, Herculaneum and Mount Vesuvius. Easy access to Capodichino Airport Naples, motorway A3 Castellammare di Stabia, and the new Salerno Costa d'Amalfi Airport
Salerno_Costa_d'Amalfi_Airport in Pontecagnano - Salerno