- 1 Burton is the center of Ohio's Maple Country.
- 2 Chardon the County Seat of Geauga County, displays New England Charm in the center of Ohio's "Snow Belt".
- 3 Middlefield is one of the hubs of Ohio's Amish Community.
- 4 Newbury
- Punderson State Park, 11755 Kinsman Rd., Newbury. Natural lake, resort manor house, family cottages, golf course, winter sports park, sledding, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, 196-site campground, showerhouses, flush toilets, electricity, pet camping, twenty-six cottages, manor house features a dining room, meeting rooms, outdoor, indoor swimming pools, championship-rated, 18-hole public golf course, pro shop, boat rentals, fishing, fourteen miles of hiking trails, tennis court, volleyball, basketball courts and cross country ski trails
- Observatory Park, 10610 Clay Street, Montville Township. 1,100 acre park that is one the few areas left in Northeast Ohio left undisturbed by light pollution, includes an astronomical observatory, the Robert McCullough Science Center that includes "a meteorite that visitors can touch", "weekly planetarium shows", and "projection equipment for astronomy-related programming." The astronomical observatory includes a partially retractable roof with that can allow people to view the night sky directly with a Newtonian reflector, "featuring a 25" mirror". It is also a dark sky park. Observatory Park - Geauga Park District
Geauga County is named for a Native American word meaning "raccoon". You may hear Geauga County being referred to as "Raccoon County".
- Historic Geauga County, 14653 East Park St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Burton. April 15-November15, F-Su, 1PM and 3PM. Guided tours of several historical places in Geauga County, including a 1789 cabin, a 1846 church, a 1878 train station, and a 1872 schoolhouse. $6/4/Free (Adults/Children 6-12/Children under 6.
- Amish Country, toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Burton and Middlefield. Antiques, flea markets, arts, crafts, and entertainment.
Geauga County is known for maple syrup. On Sundays in March when maple syrup is in season, there are pancake breakfasts in Burton, Parkman, and other places, which are reasonably priced and very good.
Geauga County is in the heart of Ohio's "Snowbelt", an area which sees huge amounts of "lake effect" snowfall in winter from Lake Erie. The snowbelt can get pounded with a foot or more of snow, while 20 miles to the south they get nothing. In the snowbelt they're used to the snow, so large snowfalls that cause towns in other places to shut down are normal in Geauga County, and business often continues as usual. Be careful driving in winter, especially if you're not from an area that sees much snow, as the weather can change quickly.
Additionally when driving in Geauga County, keep on the lookout for deer, farm equipment, and Amish buggies. Accidents involving buggies can be fatal, so watch out.
- Geauga Lake